Senior Governance, Risk, and Compliance Analyst
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
Loopio is looking for a Senior GRC (Governance Risk and Compliance) Analyst to add to our growing team! In this role, you will be critical to ensuring prudent risk management and compliance practices are in place and effectively working.
You will assist the Director of Information Security with developing and implementing an Information Security Management System to ensure Cyber security risks are identified and monitored throughout the Loopio footprint.
What You'll Be Doing
- Developing an information security policy set for Loopio.
- Responding to customer requests for security-related information.
- Performing risk assessments and business impact analyses for new technologies and system implementation.
- Coordinating and tracking all information technology and security-related audits and assessments, including the scope of audits.
- Arranging meetings of auditors with Loopio Inc. business and support units.
- Working with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope
- Assisting with the Loopio Security Program ensuring IT activities, processes, and procedures meet defined requirements, policies, and regulations.
- Respond regularly to requests on Loopio’s security posture and compliance activities
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a technical, administrative capacity
- A proactive mindset with strong organizational and time-management skills
- A self-aware individual who is eager to contribute feedback and ideas
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment and an ability to multitask while understanding priorities
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills, you have a knack for introducing complex information in an engaging way
- You are familiar with using these various systems: macOS, AWS, Linux, Scripting, MS Office and Adobe
- CISSP (or ISC2), CRISC (or ISACA), CISA, CGEIT, SSCP or other relevant certifications preferred
Where You'll Work
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. All Loopers have the option to work from home. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the Toronto HQ and BC Loopers may work from our co-working office in Gastown Vancouver. It is whatever works best for you!
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
Why You'll Love Working at Loopio
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in regular company socials, AMA (Ask-Me-Anything), and quarterly kick-off to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote-first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
We recognize that all too often, potential candidates don’t apply for a position simply because they don’t hit every single criteria included in the job description—particularly members of underrepresented groups.
Whether or not your experience checks off all the boxes on a job posting, we still encourage you to apply to ensure that your application receives a review from our team. We understand that a resume can only showcase so much during the applicant stage, so we've created prompts in the application for you to share more about yourself. If you've made a career transition (or a few!), you’re self taught in a new role, or you have skills/experience you’d like to highlight, we want to hear more about what you could bring to the table.