.NET Backend Developer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
At Lumeto, we believe that scalable immersive training solutions will empower and revolutionize the way in which we re-skill and up-skill our workforce. Our spatial training solutions can reduce or eliminate travel and simulation costs, improve trainee retention, reduce new employee ramp up times, and dramatically improve on-the-job efficiency.
The right people take on challenges that come with building new technologies head on! We need people to help us drive a new wave of effective training and team collaboration, working with global enterprises across VR, AR and MR platforms to build, integrate and deploy scalable learning solutions. We’re entering our next stage of growth and are looking for energetic, solution oriented and curious minds to join us as we build the foundation of our company.
Lumeto is looking for a .NET Backend Developer to join our existing development and cloud services team. The successful candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with a globally distributed, cross-functional team, and be a dedicated self-starter. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about writing quality, testable code and supporting continuous improvement of their craft, colleagues and the company's product.
Our products include a number Unreal Engine based apps (PC, VR, Server) interacting with Azure-hosted backend services via gRPC, as well as a Next.js frontend using GraphQL. Some of the cloud-hosted services that we rely on include Azure SQL Server, Azure App Services/Containers, Azure Cognitive Services, and Azure Storage.
This position is open to all candidates who currently reside in, and are legally entitled to work in, Canada.
- Build amazing consumer experiences, taking responsibility for code quality, scalability, reliability and performance
- Help shape the systems design and how it integrates with our microservices architecture
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Support scaling the technical team, assisting in interviews and onboarding of new team members
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- 5 to 8 years professional experience in backend development using C# / .NET
- Entity Framework, minimum 3 years, ideally 5+ years
- ASP.Net Core Web Apis, minimum 3 years
- Azure Platform Experience, minimum 3 years, ideally 5+ years
- Thorough understanding of Web system architecture and design, at scale
- Proven track record of leading less-experienced engineers in building stable and scalable code
- Proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- GraphQL (HotChocolate)
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Azure DevOps Pipelines (or other continuous integration)
- Terraform (or other Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Azure Functions
Useful Skills & Experience
- Automated Integration Testing
- Azure Active Directory B2C
- Azure Container Services
- Azure Service Bus
- Clean Architecture
- Logging / Monitoring (OpenTelemetry, Grafana or other)
Lumeto is an equal opportunity employer, and values diversity and inclusion. We welcome different perspectives that come from lived experiences. Interacting with transparency is important to us in every aspect of our work. We strive for an open, honest, and effective workplace because trust is the foundation of our company. We are open to thinking differently, accommodating your needs to succeed, and straying from the conventional. Lumeto is happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.