Growth Acceleration Program EIR
MaRS Discovery District
MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.
INVITATION FOR PROPOSAL
MaRS Discovery District (“MaRS”) is seeking a vendor that will provide the following “Services”:
Growth Acceleration Program EIR
The selected candidate will work with the Growth Acceleration Program team to deliver the following:
- Advisory: Provide executive guidance, aided by diagnostic and insight-based tools on topics related to financial strategy, sales operations and forecasting, client success & professional services, operations, and growth strategies. Provide work-glove advisory services with a goal of helping them scale to $20M in revenue. Work-glove advisory is defined as providing ventures with templates, toolkits, and other assets and using them to co-develop execution or change plans with the team as part of the advisory services.
- Advisory: Provide expert input into company and portfolio assessment processes to maintain a high quality bar for the Growth Acceleration Program (GAP).
- Community: Lead peer to peer sessions on relevant topics.
- Thought Leadership: Provide industry leading thought leadership on venture challenges to support program development. Share venture insights with MaRS team members.
We are seeking an independent contractor who can work with Growth Acceleration Program on a part-time basis.
- Experience as a senior leader in a scaling tech or science based company during revenue growth period from $5M – $20M revenue.
- Experience as a mentor, coach, or consultant for tech or science based companies with 5M-20M in revenue
This is a 1 year contract, commencing on the effective date of the contract. There is an option to renew for an additional 2 years, at MaRS's discretion.
All candidates must apply to this role by submitting responses to the Candidate Information section highlighted in yellow in the PDF.
Candidates will be evaluated on the mandatory qualifications and preferred qualifications specified below, as well as interviews, if held at MaRS's discretion. The candidate that scores the highest in the applicable categories may be invited to enter into an agreement with MaRS. The candidate that offers the lowest price will not necessarily be selected.
Mandatory qualifications of the vendor include the following (Note: Candidates that do not satisfy the mandatory qualifications set out below will be disqualified):
- Demonstrated experience working as a senior leader in a scaling tech or science based company during revenue growth period from $5M – $20M revenue.
Please submit responses that address the following preferred qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience as a mentor, coach, or consultant for tech or science based companies with 5M-20M in revenue.
- Experience working with ventures in the MaRS portfolio.
MaRS may invite the highest scoring candidates after evaluation of mandatory qualifications and preferred qualifications for interviews. Interviews, if held, will be scored out of 20.
In the event of a tie score between candidates, MaRS will consider the candidate that scored highest under the experience criterion as the tie-breaker.
Response demonstrates exceptional ability, understanding, experience, and skills.
Response demonstrates above average ability, understanding, experience, and skills.
Response demonstrates the candidate’s ability to meet the criteria.
Response satisfies a minimum of the criteria.
Response provided demonstrates that the candidate does not comply or meet the criteria.
Rating Score Excellent 8-10 Very good 6-7 Good 4-5 Satisfactory 1-3 Unacceptable 0
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This “Invitation” is provided in relation to a competitive bidding process initiated by MaRS to secure a selected candidate that will provide the above-mentioned Services. This is not a legally binding contract – however, if a candidate is selected, the matters the candidate submits as a response will be incorporated in the final contract. At all times, in its sole discretion, MaRS may determine (a) whether to terminate this process; (b) whether to proceed to engage a candidate; (c) if applicable, which candidate will receive an offer of engagement; and (d) if applicable, the terms under which the vendor will receive an offer of engagement. MaRS reserves the right to request any additional information that it deems necessary to clarify any portion of the response. By submitting this form, you agree to keep all information in this Invitation confidential per commercially reasonable standards. Any disputes related to this Invitation will be escalated for discussion and resolution by executives of MaRS and the candidate before any third party is engaged to resolve the dispute.
View PDF for the invitation here.