Senior Associate, Business Development
MaRS Discovery District (@MaRSDD) in Toronto is the one of the world’s largest urban innovation hubs.
MaRS supports promising high-growth companies to scale their businesses globally, while tackling key societal challenges in areas such as Health, Cleantech, Finance, Transportation, AI, and others. In addition to helping start-ups launch, grow and scale, the MaRS community is dedicated to cross-disciplinary collaboration, commercialization of discoveries, and driving ideas to impact.
We are a purpose-driven organization on a mission to make the world a better place through inclusive innovation. This commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity are core to who we are and what we believe and, as such, encourage applications from members of diverse identity groups, including those who have been historically excluded and marginalized. You are welcome at MaRS.
We want you to be as successful throughout our recruitment process as possible. Please get in touch with us if there’s anything we can do to make your experience more accessible and inclusive, including accommodations for differing (dis)abilities.
About Business Development
About the role
The Senior Associate, Business development will lead and support the partner journey at MaRS. This role will maintain relationships with MaRS partners, lead market research activities for sourcing additional partners, and support the delivery of client’s engagements. Furthermore, the role is cross-functional in nature and will play an active role in collaborating with both the startup and partner ecosystem, respectively.
Build & Maintain Partner Relationships
- Build trusted relationships and liaise with partner contacts on a regular basis
- Assist business development leads in prospecting, proposal development and contracting
- Understand partner objectives, including business challenges and new growth opportunities
- In collaboration with business development leads, identify key performance metrics and build feedback loop for partnership engagement and management
- Aide in partner deliveries (partnerships, sponsorships, fee-for-service engagements)
Market Research & Proposal Development
- Conduct market research in emerging markets and technology trends as it relates to ecosystem interests
- Build monthly and/or quarterly account management and custom reports
- Leverage data/insights from market research and client discussions to support the development of proposals
- Source consumer, industry and competitive data to and inform go-to-market sector strategies
- Provide market awareness feedback to key internal stakeholders across Venture Services & Partner Solutions
Strategy & Data Management
- Support business development leads in developing, executing, and evaluating renewal and upsell opportunities to drive partnership sales
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop and implement new marketing and sales strategies
- Document partner interactions and prospecting discussions within CRM
- Leverage data insights to inform and adapt go-to-market partner and sector-based strategies
- Identify and qualify target customers based on internal and external market feedback
- University degree with areas of focus that include, business and marketing
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in business development (including account management) and product marketing
- High degree of comfort within sector topics (including cleantech, health and/or software) as well as business concepts and issues
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, clients, colleagues in a fast-paced and high-pressure business environment. Superior organization and project management skills
- Knowledge and passion for technology and impact
Salary Range: $60,900 - $76,000, up to 10% discretionary incentive, benefits and paid time-off.
Applications will close at 5pm EDT on May 26, 2023.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
Something looks off?