Business Development Representative
Merchant Advance Capital
Are you looking for a role where your work can have an impact on Canadian businesses? Are you excited about fintech? Do you enjoy talking to others on the phone? Come join our team!
Merchant Growth is one of Canada’s leading fintech providers of credit to small businesses. Our mission is to bring the most convenient & accessible financing experience to Canadian business owners. We care about growing capable teams with creative and collaborative people. We are a team with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and experiences and share a well-established track record of driving business innovation.
If you’re looking to join a company poised for significant growth over the next few years, where you’ll immediately impact the business and team, this is the perfect role for you!
Our people are our greatest asset, and we truly believe that we all grow and thrive together. You’ll become a part of an exciting team who is entrepreneurial in spirit and dedicated to helping as many customers as possible using state-of-the-art sales processes. As a Business Development Representative, you will play a crucial role in the growth of Canadian businesses by providing them with financing and helping them evolve.
- A good listener who doesn’t hesitate to talk to people
- Passionate about solving problems, getting creative and making connections
- Ready to thrive in an innovative environment
What you will do:
- Generate interest in Merchant Growth financing products through high-volume outbound cold calling using established databases
- Prospect new and existing lead channels
- Coordinate, negotiate and prepare applications and funding terms
- Develop and maintain a database of qualified leads
- Understand and explain procedures and concepts relating to financing options/structures
What you will already have:
- Experience in sales, customer service or call center environment
- Strong communication skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing)
- An entrepreneurial spirit & self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and organization
- Charisma with a desire to learn
- An independent yet collaborative work ethic
What we offer:
- An exciting position with Canada’s leading fintech company
- Training by our top sales team members who once worked in this role
- An environment that focuses on developing your skills and career, with lots of room for career growth in a fast-growing company
- A hybrid role (work from our Gastown office two days a week)
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Group Health Benefits (Life, AD&D, Extended Health & Dental and Travel Insurance)
- Company-wide Lunch and Learns & monthly events
- Education and learning benefits
- A team that makes things happen!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates for further consideration will be contacted.