Scientific Software Developer
META is seeking a Scientific Software Developer for our facility in Burnaby, British Columbia!
What You’ll Do:
You will play a key role in developing optical software packages for advanced nano-optic and nanophotonic devices for a variety of applications such as optically variable light field displays, near-eye displays, and large-scale electron beam lithography. The ideal candidate will have prior programming experience in Python for scientific applications and must have a passion for deep tech, hardware development, and software building.
Some of the typical responsibilities will include:
- Developing optical ray-tracing modelers and image processing algorithms for light field displays.
- Building modular software packages for photonic hardware development, including large-scale GDS-II production for lithography patterning.
- Learn optical physics and nanofabrication physics and apply them to rapidly evolving code structures.
- existing in-house software packages and help the quality assurance software engineers maintain the built packages.
- Work among the science and engineering teams to understand their requirements and pre-emptively advance solutions.
- Apply industry best practices for the development, deployment, and maintenance of a rapidly evolving codebase.
- Communicate results through well documented code, technical reports, and presentations.
- A MSc degree in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or relevant disciplines.
- 3 years of experience with software development in optical hardware industry.
- In-depth familiarity with optical physics or photonics through accomplishing industry-related projects.
- In depth knowledge of code development in Python is required.
- In-depth knowledge of image processing, colour-science, optical ray tracing, and light field displays is required.
- PhD in Computer Science, Physics Electrical Engineering, or relevant disciplines.
- Familiarity with programmatic generation of GDS-II layouts for large-scale lithography is highly desirable.
- Extensive hands-on experience with parallel programming and GPU programming.
- Knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Love About Us:
META is a fast-growing company with a positive and committed work culture and a phenomenally talented workforce. Our employees are inspired to do exceptional and innovative work, are proud to contribute to the success of the company and are our greatest asset.
META attracts people from many countries and cultures, with over 25 spoken languages represented across our teams. META believes that diversity drives creativity and innovation. We welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented populations; Aboriginal peoples, racialized persons, people living with disabilities (including invisible and episodic disabilities) and members of the LGBTQ2 community.
- META (MMAT) Equity
- Retirement Savings Matching
- Company provided Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision).
- Competitive paid time off policy; vacation, paid sick leave; personal days; time off between Christmas day and New Year’s day
- Casual dress
Meta Materials Inc. “META®” (NASDAQ: MMAT) is an advanced materials and nanotechnology company. We develop new products and technologies using innovative sustainable science. Advanced materials can improve everyday products that surround us, making them smarter and more sustainable. META’s technology platforms enable global brands to develop new products to improve performance for customers in aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, 5G communications, batteries, authentication, automotive and clean energy.
Learn more at www.metamaterial.com