Financial Analyst- FP&A
Our employees are central to everything we are. They do more than share remarkable talent and build pioneering AI software—they bring fresh ideas to old ways of thinking and delight our customers. That’s why we’re committed to making sure every employee at MindBridge feels appreciated. We do this by offering a robust benefits package and by creating a culture that is both inspiring and welcoming. Working at MindBridge isn’t like any other job. We’re a team of high-spirited and dynamic individuals who are passionate about using artificial intelligence to enable humans to do better. With that comes a high-drive culture where people feel valued, supported, and primed to succeed.
As a Financial Analyst on our finance team, you will be responsible for providing key financial insights, analysis, and support to drive strategic decision-making within the company. You will work closely with teams across the organization including finance, sales, HR and services to ensure accurate financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and performance evaluation. This role offers a unique opportunity to have a strong impact on the success of MindBridge’s.
Reporting to the Global Controller, this position will provide ongoing business support and performance measurement to meet our objective of maintaining continuous growth.
Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Collaborate with various departments to develop annual budgets and periodic forecasts aligned with the Company's strategic objectives.
- Utilize historical data and industry trends to create accurate and insightful financial projections.
- Regularly monitor actual performance against forecasts and budgets, providing variance analysis and actionable recommendations.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify key performance drivers, revenue streams, and cost drivers.
- Prepare financial reports, dashboards, and presentations for senior management to aid in decision-making and resource allocation.
- Analyze financial performance and provide insights on financial metrics, profitability, and operational efficiencies.
Investment and Project Analysis
- Assess potential investment opportunities and projects, conducting cost-benefit analysis and return on investment (ROI) assessments.
- Evaluate the financial impact of AI research and development initiatives and new product launches.
- Collaborate with the finance team and business leaders to support the development and execution of the Company's long-term strategic plans.
- Provide financial insights to support strategic initiatives and help drive the Company's growth and profitability.
Data Management and Integration
- Gather, validate, and analyze financial data from various sources, ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
- Implement and optimize financial models to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Financial Modeling and Scenario Analysis
- Build and maintain financial models to assess the impact of different business scenarios, market trends, and economic conditions on the company's financial performance.
- Consolidate entity level budgets and forecasts for internal management reporting and board consumption.
- Support the Global Controller with the month-end and quarter-end close processes, reviewing consolidating entries, and budget comparisons.
- Provide support for the R&D group including SRED process management and other government funding (IRAP & SIF).
- Track & analyze capital spend, software and hosting services.
- Support monthly and quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting processes.
- Provide ongoing performance reporting, including development and reporting against KPIs, SAAS metrics, trend analysis and quarterly VC investor reporting.
- Identify, design, and implement improvements to financial models and processes.
- Prepare other ad hoc analyses, reports, and special projects.
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation in existing tools and processes.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis, financial planning, or related roles, preferably in high growth tech industries;
- CPA designation (or equivalent) or working towards designation completion;
- Strong time-management skills and an ability to multi-task;
- International accounting experience with deep understanding of working with multiple currencies.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (MS Dynamics preferred);
- Ability to think outside the box for ways to improve current processes;
- Highly skilled and proficient with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Able to manage multiple and ever-changing priorities and working to deadlines;
- Fulfill requirements necessary to obtain full background check;
- Eligibility for Government of Canada Secret Level (II) clearance;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey complex financial information;
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy in financial reporting and analysis;
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
About the company
Through the power of human-centric artificial intelligence, MindBridge Ai helps organizations deliver rapid value to their clients with deeper insights and higher risk assurance for 100% of their data. With MindBridge Ai Auditor, the world’s first AI-powered auditing solution, organizations across multiple industries are augmenting human capacity to restore confidence in their financial data.
MindBridge is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our workforce; achieving it is an important competitive advantage in the global marketplace. The Company has a strict policy of equal opportunity in hiring, developing, promoting and compensating employees. The company seeks to attract, retain and reward employees who perform their work to the highest standards, basing promotions on qualification and merit. MindBridge is passionate and committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and as such qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, or veteran status.
Mindbridge is committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We will work with you to provide the necessary support and make reasonable accommodations to facilitate your participation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.