Remote · Canada
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2023
We’re building our Nest!
Where you’ll be: Working remotely, anywhere in Canada (in EST)
Your Role: Solutions Consultant/Engineer
Reporting to: Chief Revenue Officer
Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, Nest Wealth created Canada's first SaaS-based digital wealth management platform to ensure investors have access to sophisticated, personalized and transparent wealth management services. Nest Wealth is Canada’s largest independent digital wealth management platform, offering both direct-to-investor and advanced business-to-business solutions.
Finding amazing people is one of the hardest parts of building a successful company. That’s why we take our culture and our people seriously. We are a proud recipient of ‘Great Place to Work’ for the past 3 years, ‘Best Workplaces for Inclusion’, ‘Best Workplaces in Technology’, and ‘Best Workplaces in Canada’ and we've recently been recognized as part of the top 10 scaling startups in Canada by CIX.
Before you apply, get an inside look into our culture and learn from team members who discuss what we’re building, recent problems we’ve solved, how/why we’ve made changes to our tech stack and what it’s like joining our team!
As a successful Solutions Consultant/Engineer, you work closely with our Account Executives to sell software solutions to customers. You interface with customers and leverage your extensive technical knowledge to identify their needs. You act as a trusted technical partner helping to drive forward opportunities from “Solutioning” to “Won” by working with various departments across the organization (Sales, Product, Pro Serve, Customer Success, InfoSec, etc). You are able to demo any of our solutions on a moment's notice, tackling prospect FAQs (through partnering with Product) and share customer stories/best practices (through partnering with Customer Success). You love external research, focusing on advanced technology and best practices in the field, and sharing that knowledge to level up the teams around you.
Why is this role unique:
- Conceptual Thinking - Finding effective solutions by taking a holistic or theoretical perspective. Quickly identifies the central or underlying issues in a complex situation.
- Influencing Others - The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions. Presents arguments that address others' most important concerns and issues and looks for win-win solutions. Identifies and proposes solutions that benefit all parties involved in a situation.
- Strategic Thinking - Works to establish and articulate a vision for a process, product, or business opportunities
- Subject matter expertise in specific solutions/verticals (Salesforce, Pro/Plan/Plus, US GTM)
- Key role with an organization-wide impact to help us launch into new markets and unchartered waters!
Why we need your expertise:
- You will act as a liaison between the Customer, Sales, Product Management, and Engineering teams to be the advocate and safe-keeper of the Nest platform & products
- Building Collaborative Relationships - You will develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside & outside of the organization by taking an interest in what others have to say; acknowledging their perspectives and ideas, and creating alignment
- You will have the opportunity to enhance our practices and propose improvements to the way we work, in order to increase customer satisfaction and protect the productivity of Product and Engineering teams.
- Serve as a technical partner for our customers during their journey with Nest.
How you will make an impact:
- Participate in discovery calls to identify the customer’s needs - especially during the solution phase to get a deeper understanding of customers' technical needs
- Collaborate with Account Executives on overall deal strategy
- Draft and deliver compelling demos, tailored to the prospect best suited to their needs
- Demonstrate the features of company products, and create configured software solutions for the client.
- Draft presentations on targeted products
- Support the sales team with all technical-related queries
- Spearhead the RFP process for sales-related opportunities
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve (through research and field knowledge)
- Use specific knowledge about Nest products and technologies to further strengthen penetration into, and development of, new business
- Work together cross-functionally with Sales and Account Execs to grow the pipeline
It would be GREAT if you had:
- In-depth knowledge of Wealth Management Client Lifecycle Management
- A passion for sales and being in front of prospects and customers
- Great communication skills including demos and presentations
- The ability to drive sales by proposing specialized solutions, tailor-made to customer’s needs
- Previous experience as a solutions engineer
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, user-friendly way
- Attention to detail
- Sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to liaise successfully between cross-functional teams and stakeholders
How can you grow:
- Continual internal mobility opportunities as we scale by moving into an Account Executive or a Product Manager role
- Become a SME on Nest Wealth’s Products and LOB’s
- Learning and development stipend to put towards professional development
- Dedicated Udemy D.E.A.L hours (Drop Everything And Learn)
- Company-wide lunch & learns across the organization to learn more about FinTech
Commitment: You believe in and embody our 4CE (Force ) values! You are: Conscientious, Comfortable with Ambiguity, Competitive, Curious, and Expeditious. (that means you are a FORCE 🌪🌪)
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
What you can expect with our interview process:
We understand interviewing can be a daunting experience, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Here is a step-by-step guide on what interviewing with us looks like:
1. 30 min “get to know you” interview with our Talent Team
2. 60 min “Meet the Hiring Manager” interview with our Chief Revenue Officer and Director of Marketing
3. 60 min “Meet the Team” interview with our Account Executive and Product Manager
4. Demo Presentation
Our ideal time-to-hire is 28 days, we try our best to provide an efficient, engaging, and enjoyable interview experience. All interviews are over video via Google Meet.
In addition to joining a phenomenal team, we offer support for you, professionally and personally:
Flexibility: An engaging remote-first culture in Canada coast-to-coast. Our employees have the latitude to take care of the other parts of their lives and be there for the things that matter to them
Comprehensive Compensation & Benefits: A competitive total compensation package that includes variable bonus, health, and dental benefits, 3 weeks vacation, and 10 days PTO.
Nest Wealth Equity: An employee stock option plan. We believe work means more when you have ownership in what we’re building
Learning & Development: Udemy Business license, $1000 L&D stipend to put towards professional development, Lunch & Learn opportunities, continual company-wide workshops
Support for Growing Families: We welcome new additions with a generous parental leave top-up
A Connected team: Our social committee knows how to bring the fun! Team bonding game nights, workouts, wellness workshops, cooking classes, and more.
Social Impact: We partner with Troop to help us make a tangible difference in the lives of our neighbours who need it most. Each month we donate $1000 to a local charity and best of all, we get to see how our support is creating an impact in our community. We also have an Employee-driven Resource Group (NWomen); with two paid volunteer days annually.
We’re pretty self aware as a company, and we know there are some areas where we can do better:
Process: The Company is growing fast in all aspects, which is great. We are one of the Top 25 fastest growing private companies in Canada over the last 4 years. The hard part is that we don’t have the processes of a big company in place yet. We are counting on our people to help create that process, stand-up better efficiencies, and adjust quickly as we grow.
Challenges ahead: We have pivoted to where we see the best and biggest opportunity as an enterprise & B2B solution. This requires rigour, discipline and planning from the entire team as we address the functionality and features of our platform and like any pivots, there have been a few bumps in the road.
Transition: This is the key to our success and our ability to scale but there will be short-term challenges in making this transition. We are revisiting everything from marketing collateral, pricing, and the go-to-market plan - and calibrating it all to sync up with the strategy. That is a lot to do in a short period of time!
We believe in everyone.
At Nest Wealth, we commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that our company is a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We know that by creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively advance our collective capabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.