Motion Planning / Controls Research Engineer
NuPort Robotics Inc.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 9, 2020
Motion Planning Research Engineer
- Masters / PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field OR relevant autonomous driving / robotics experience.
- Experience with autonomous systems in one or more of the following areas: planning under uncertainty, decision-making, tracking and prediction, vehicle control systems, perception, localization, estimation, and machine learning
- Experience developing, working with, modifying, and creating advanced algorithms.
- Extensive experience working with autonomous driving systems.
- Large scale probabilistic planning and prediction.
- Advanced vehicle dynamics and control.
- Experience in ROS, C++ and / or python.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Hands-on experience with autonomous systems.
- Be intellectually curious and have an unending desire to learn.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
Good to have skills:
- Robust software design for safety-critical systems.
- Multi-modal sensor fusion for localization and dynamic object tracking.
- Naturally enjoy testing of autonomous vehicles out in the wild.
- PhD + industry experience in autonomous driving.
- Some Deep Learning experience and Tensorflow / Pytorch not required but a plus.
Expected tasks from the candidate includes the following:
- Field testing of algorithms in an autonomous vehicle (involves driving, trusting your own software while being driven in the vehicle, etc.)
- Developing Motion Planning algorithms in simulation.
- Deployment and testing of motion planning / controls algorithms on an autonomous vehicle.
- Industrial grade software development adhering to best code / documentation practices.
See more open positions at NuPort Robotics Inc.
Something looks off?