3D Mapping Software Engineer
NuPort Robotics Inc.
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 9, 2020
3D Mapping + Sensor Integrations Engineer
- Masters / PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or related field OR relevant autonomous driving / robotics experience.
- Experience working with various sensor modalities 3D / 2D Lidars, Radars, Cameras, GPS, IMU, etc.
- Experience working with simulations in the context of autonomous driving / robotics.
- Experience developing, working with, modifying, and creating advanced algorithms.
- Extensive experience working with autonomous driving systems.
- Experience in ROS, C++ and / or python.
- Proficiency with Linux.
- Hands-on experience with autonomous systems.
- Be intellectually curious and have an unending desire to learn.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
Good to have skills:
- Robust software design for safety-critical systems.
- Multi-modal sensor fusion for localization and dynamic object tracking.
- Naturally enjoy testing of autonomous vehicles out in the wild.
- PhD + industry experience in autonomous driving.
Expected tasks from the candidate includes the following:
- Data collection using the sensors and building the data infrastructure for storing the maps
- Developing and/or using existing mapping algorithms.
- Building simulated environments from existing datasets and prepare a test bed for testing perception and motion planning algorithms.
- Industrial grade software development adhering to best code / documentation practices.
See more open positions at NuPort Robotics Inc.
Something looks off?