Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
IT, Quality Assurance
Remote · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
ODAIA nouno·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \
An Ancient Greek word referring to a salesperson’s “tools of the trade.”
Learn more about our company here. You can also find more information about the company and our products at odaia.ai.
ODAIA is a remote first organization, all our positions are WFH.
ODAIA helps pharma sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS product MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
ODAIAns (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day lives. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication;” and making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
Reducing patients’ time to therapy by facilitating meaningful interactions with healthcare providers, through human-centric software powered by AI.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities to grow are extensive.
WHATS ON OFFER
As Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, reporting to our Engineering Development Manager, you will champion the quality of features in our development pipeline using both automated and /or manual tests, reporting and verifying defects and signing-off on features. You will work closely with developers, and other key individuals from cross functional departments to continue to deliver high quality products and features.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Test complex product features, including UI/UX, APIs and complex interfaces (e.g. web services), and cloud-centric databases
- Develop, design, plan and execute quality assurance initiatives throughout the development lifecycle including test plans, scenarios, and use cases covering regression, load, and performance testing
- Create and manage bug reports and communicate with the team
- Propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency
- Track, research, report, and manage bugs within the pipeline
- Monitor and evaluate the results of quality processes and execution of test cases
- Work with the development team and product owners to recommend solutions and resolve issues
- Interact with employees across departments and customers to produce customer scenarios that validate the product
- Collaborate to create and report quality metrics to evaluate product quality, set improvement goals, and help create and drive plans to continuously improve
- Develop configurable and maintainable automated test scripts according to coding standards and software development best practices
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify deficiencies, and collaborates to define corrective and preventive actions
- Support efforts to optimize and improve software development processes
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of proven quality assurance experience, responsible for completing all aspects of testing
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to take initiative and get things done with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of QA test processes, methodologies, tools and technology
- Experience presenting to multi-disciplinary groups, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Able to prioritize and deliver multiple initiatives in a fast pace agile environment
- Proven experience creating and executing QA strategies and methodologies and unifying QA processes throughout the team
- Experience with integration of automated testing at the unit, functional, integration, and system levels (QA + UAT)
- Able to read and understand code and programming concepts in Python
- Proven experience with the evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness of testing design patterns, test automation tools and processes
- Experience working within a SaaS / AI environment is an asset
- The ability to effectively communicate updates, challenges, insights and opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, software engineering, or equivalent education / experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly productive driven startup culture that values agility, passion, ownership, trust, respect, diversity and inclusion
- Tremendous growth and unique learning opportunities
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- Endless learning opportunities
- An inclusive environment, we are an equal opportunities employer and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset
- Top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours, providing great balance for personal and family life
- We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock
- We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results
- An open and flexible vacation policy
- Our employees can take what they want, when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved and get things covered while they're away
- Stock option grants
- A generous home office allowance
- Career development opportunities, and a solid business model - we’re in it for the long haul!
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with frequent in-person collaborative work sessions and social gatherings at a work-share office in downtown Toronto. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
Any conditional offer of employment made to a successful candidate will be subject to the full satisfaction with the results of any background and reference checks.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND ACCESSIBILITY
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process. For more on this, you can inquire about accommodations if you're invited to an interview.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace, and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.