Integrations Developer (Contract)
At OneLocal, we know that marketing isn’t just about buying ads anymore. We also know how hard it is to keep up with rapidly-changing technologies. OneLocal provides SaaS solutions to small and medium businesses (SMBs) across the world. We offer our clients 10 digital marketing solution products that are impactful on their own, but even better together. We aim to be the perfect solutions partner by bringing together the right mix of technologies and local marketing expertise.
We are looking for an experienced and talented full-stack software contractor to join our Engineering team (hourly contract). The ideal person will have experience developing API integrations, particularly related to CRM systems. This role involves working flexible hours since our Engineering team is located in Europe and North America.
The applicant should be well versed in the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express, React & Node) and must have excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail. Your role will involve working closely with internal teams across engineering, product management and support in building API integrations that allow our SaaS product to connect with external merchants’ CRMs seamlessly.
OneLocal's stack involves the following:
- Backend: Typescript/Node.js, Express, Serverless, MongoDB, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS EC2, Lambda, HAProxy, Terraform
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with a wide range of product and technologies to own and solve product and technical problems end-to-end
- Driving design and architectural decisions for new products and existing applications actively used by thousands of clients
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building interfaces that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable using modern tools
- You will help educate and mentor our fellow engineers in best practices
What You Bring:
- 5+ years professional engineering experience with at least 3 years of experience developing and maintaining API integrations
- 2+ years of backend development experience using NodeJS
- You’re familiar with product and design life-cycles, and collaborating closely with product managers and quality assurance team members
- You're passionate about great user experience and are detail oriented
It Would be Great if You Have:
- Experience with nosql database such as Mongodb
- Experience with React-native and/or native mobile apps development
- Experience with serverless
- Experience leading other developers, providing feedback and directing work
- Experience with setting up Continuous Integration(CI) and Continuous Development(CD) tools such as AWS CodePipeline, Circle CI, or Jenkins
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- The opportunity to have a major impact at a growing company that is helping small and medium sized businesses grow their digital presence
- Remote first: We have committed to a remote-first work environment with access to a co-working space in Toronto
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 5 paid personal days
- Stock options in a YC backed start-up
- Virtual social events: coffee chats with your colleagues and weekly happy hours!
At OneLocal, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly create the best company culture possible. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experience, and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, citizenship, disability, and national origin.
Something looks off?