Full-Stack Developer Intern - May 2023 PEY/Co-op
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2022
Overbond is a developer of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven real-time data streams for bond trading automation. Overbond offers the most advanced bond trading data streams and execution management system (EMS) in the market. The Overbond data streams and analytics can be integrated into the systems and workflow of any and every fixed income trading desk in the world.
Overbond helps fixed income trading desks overcome the lack of a complete and centralized pricing and transaction data source for the bond markets, execute more client trades, increase the profitably of the trades that are executed, conduct pre-trade and post-trade analyses, monitor prices and risk and prepare reports.
Overbond is headquartered in Toronto and serves trading desks in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
This exciting new role is available as part of the Overbond engineering team expansion. The position is a unique opportunity to build creative solutions for complex problems using cutting-edge technology. As a member of our team, you will be contributing to a suite of products serving the largest capital markets in the world. We are looking for professionals who are passionate and excited about innovative technology, and have advanced knowledge and experience with application and data architecture, microservices and front-end development, automated testing, and CI/CD.
What You'll Do
- Build low latency applications/services using Python and Java.
- Deploy and run solutions leveraging Google Cloud infrastructure and technologies like Dataflow, Pub/Sub, and BigQuery.
- Create and maintain real-time web applications using Angular and Python.
- Develop APIs and integrations.
- Implement best practices for design and coding using agile development practices.
What You'll Need
- Familiarity with the GCP suite of services and/or their open source counterparts.
- Good understanding of software development best practices such as source version control, automated unit testing, code reviews, CI/CD, etc.
- High attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to build a complex SaaS product with very demanding enterprise clients
- Learning and self-development opportunities through online courses and knowledge sharing lecture sessions.
- Health & Wellness program
- Monthly team lunches and social events
The successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of the industry-leading financial technology company changing the way how global investment banks, institutional investors, corporations, and governments access the capital markets. The candidate will work with top-notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Overbond is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Overbond will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.
See more open positions at Overbond Limited
Something looks off?