Senior Accounting & Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Overbond is a developer of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven real-time data streams for bond trading automation. Overbond offers the most advanced bond trading data streams and execution management system (EMS) interoperability in the market. The Overbond data streams and analytics can be integrated into the systems and workflow of any and every fixed income trading desk in the world.
Overbond helps fixed income trading desks overcome the lack of a complete and centralized pricing and transaction data source for the bond markets, execute more client trades, increase the profitably of the trades that are executed, conduct pre-trade and post-trade analyses, monitor prices and risk and prepare reports. The company serves trading desks in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Overbond is headquartered in Toronto and operates a lab in Montreal that engages academics and post-graduate researchers to conduct advanced research and development in quantitative finance and AI modelling.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accounting and Financial Analyst to undertake all aspects of financial management assistance, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, payroll, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. The Senior Accounting and Financial Analyst responsibilities will also include financial risk management and reporting.
What You'll Do
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, international subsidiary, Cost Accounting, payroll and Revenue Recognition
- Ensure the company's health by overseeing all financial planning, analysis and reporting activities.
- Review financial statements to ensure they are timely, relevant, and accurate Improvement of internal accounting systems and platforms
- Manage accounting of SAAS metrics.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare input and support publishing of timely quarterly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Support quarter-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filing inputs
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
What You Will Have
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience in a SaaS environment
- CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with creating financial statements and running payroll
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work for a fast scaling company with innovative product and large enterprise clients in capital markets ecosystem
- Learning and self-development opportunities through online courses and knowledge sharing lecture sessions.
- Extended health coverage (Dental, Vision, Drug plan and other medical services)
- Monthly team lunches and social events
Successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of the industry leading financial technology company changing the way how global investment banks, institutional investors, corporations and governments access the capital markets. The candidate will work with top notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Overbond is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Overbond will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.
See more open positions at Overbond Limited
Something looks off?