Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Overbond is a developer of artificial intelligence (AI)-driven real-time data streams for bond trading automation. Overbond offers the most advanced bond trading data streams and execution management system (EMS) in the market. The Overbond data streams and analytics can be integrated into the systems and workflow of any and every fixed income trading desk in the world.
Overbond helps fixed income trading desks overcome the lack of a complete and centralized pricing and transaction data source for the bond markets, execute more client trades, increase the profitably of the trades that are executed, conduct pre-trade and post-trade analyses, monitor prices and risk and prepare reports.
The company serves trading desks in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Overbond is headquartered in Toronto and operates a lab in Montreal that engages academics and post-graduate researchers to conduct advanced research and development in quantitative finance and AI modelling.
This exciting new role is available as part of the Overbond engineering team expansion. The position is a unique opportunity to build creative solutions for complex problems using cutting edge technology. As a member of our team, you will be contributing to a suite of products serving the largest capital market in the world. We are looking for professionals who are passionate and excited about innovative technology, have advanced knowledge and experience with data architecture, workflow design, integrating external APIs, front-end development and automated testing.
What You'll Do
- Design and build low latency applications/services using Python and Java.
- Deploy and run solutions leveraging Google Cloud infrastructure and technologies like Dataflow, Pub/Sub, and BigQuery.
- Create and maintain real-time web applications using Angular and Python.
- Design and develop APIs and integrations.
- Define and implement best practices for architecture, design, and coding.
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers using agile development practices.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience.
- Familiarity with the GCP suite of services and/or their open source counterparts.
- Firm understanding of software development best practices such as source version control, automated unit testing, code reviews, CI/CD, etc.
- High attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Relevant technology certifications.
- Experience with capital markets.
Nice To Have:
What We Offer
- Opportunity to build a complex SaaS product with very demanding enterprise clients
- Learning and self-development opportunities through online courses and knowledge sharing lecture sessions.
- Extended health coverage (Dental, Vision, and Drug plans, and other medical services)
- Life Insurance and AD&D coverage
- Health & Wellness program
- Monthly team lunches and social events
The successful candidate(s) will have a truly exciting opportunity to be part of the industry-leading financial technology company changing the way how global investment banks, institutional investors, corporations, and governments access the capital markets. The candidate will work with top-notch industry professionals and will be given ample amount of opportunities to learn and contribute.
Overbond is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Overbond will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities.
See more open positions at Overbond Limited
Something looks off?