Executive Assistant to the COO
Owl.co is a software company that enables insurers to fight illegitimate claims at scale while removing human bias from the process. Our clients are the top insurance companies across North America, and they are achieving incredible results through our AI-powered, evidence-based platform. We are on a mission to bring state-of-the-art ML and NLP methods to transform this traditionally manual activity into an equitable process. We are well-funded and have engineering offices in New York City, Toronto, and Vancouver
We're a fast-growing tech company that believes in shaking things up! We're all about creating an amazing office experience & culture that's all about innovation, creativity, and pushing boundaries. As our Executive Assistant to the COO and the main point of contact in our Toronto office, you'll be at the core of it all, right in the heart of Toronto's downtown.
We're looking for an Executive Assistant who's ready to make an impact. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a team player, and has mad organizational and communication skills. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys organizing for external (clients) and internal (Owl team) events and actively participates to build a healthy team culture. This role will be the glue to hold our Toronto office together. You're someone who's not afraid to challenge the norm and wants to go beyond the call of duty to make a real impact on our office culture.
- Be the COO's right hand; provide all-encompassing administrative support from schedule management to travel bookings and client meetings (etc.). Your administrative support will be counted upon for key senior team members!
- Be the voice of the COO and act as the liaison between them and other team members, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Take charge of reports, presentations, and other documents as needed
- Take no prisoners when it comes to monitoring and prioritizing incoming emails and phone calls, ensuring urgent matters are dealt with promptly.
- You understand that start ups are ever changing; you are a team player who's ready to help as things may evolve and change. Flexibility and adaptability to succeed in this role is key.
- You embrace our team’s core values, no task is above anyone regardless of title.
- Be a culture warrior and help shape and maintain our bad-to-the-bone office culture by organizing team-building events, social activities, and other initiatives.
- Lead the charge on ensuring our office space is functional and comfortable and be on the constant lookout for ways we can improve the office space, and show no shame in executing your ideas!
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable owning the show on their own sometimes. Show us what you've got – pitch ideas that will blow our minds and take our office culture to the next level!
- You're a rebel with a cause – someone who's not afraid to take risks. You have a minimum of 3 years of experience as an executive assistant or in a similar role.
- You're a master communicator – your have sharp writing and speaking skills
- You're a multitasking machine – you can juggle multiple tasks with ease and never lose sight of the goal.
- You're a team player who's not afraid to take charge and lead by example.
- You're discreet and can handle sensitive information with the precision of a ninja.
- You’re a culture champion who promotes positivity and gets people pumped up!
- You're a whiz with Microsoft Office and scheduling tools like Google Calendar.
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, but your positive attitude is what really sets you apart.
- You want to work hard and play hard :)
If you're ready to join a team of collaborative individuals who are out to change the world, then this is the role for you! We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for professional development. Apply today and show us what makes you the Executive Assistant our team needs!
- Wellness and Healthcare Spending Account
- Fully paid extended health care plan
- RRSP matching up to 4% of base salary
- 4 weeks of vacation, 10 public holidays, plus 5 personal days
- Weekly team lunches in the office
- Amazing team of super talented individuals who make work a great experience