Business Development Representative (B2B SaaS Fintech)
Sales & Business Development
Halifax, NS, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, June 8, 2022
Trolley is the payouts platform for the internet economy. Our vision is to unlock the collective economic opportunity of the internet – for everyone – by building a truly global payouts ecosystem. Through our powerful platform and API, Trolley enables businesses to reach workers from all corners of the world and offer creators, on-demand workers, and suppliers the ability to bring their specialized talents to a global market. Businesses use Trolley to automate and manage payouts, collect recipient tax and banking information, and mitigate fraud and risk. The payouts solution of choice for hundreds of businesses, Trolley has made payouts to over 1.1 million different musicians, artists, makers, vendors, and suppliers around the world.
Trolley is seeking a driven, high-energy individual to join our team as a Business Development Representative. Reporting to the Sales Development Manager , this role is the first point of contact our potential customers have with our sales team. Our BDRs are responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the Trolley’s sales team. The ideal candidate will have experience generating leads or selling B2B SaaS or technology-based solutions. This role involves sourcing, emailing/inMailing, and calling many potential contacts every day. For the right person, this role can lead to promotion to an Account Executive position as the team continues to grow.
In your role you will:
- Source, generate, and qualify sales qualified leads (SQL) from targeted industry categories/verticals.
- Engage, assist and qualify inbound sales leads (MQL) from online lead forms, calls, emails, and chat.
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with an exceptional, customer-first experience.
- Identify customer needs and pain points to determine if Payment Rails’ solution would be a good fit.
- Manage existing customer database using Salesforce and Outreach, to ensure all communications are logged and tracked.
- Work with the Sales Manager to develop new strategies to grow the sales pipeline, and consistently meet monthly quarterly, and annual goals.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as defined by the management team.
- 2 years or more of sales experience in a B2B environment, preferably in a solution-sales/technology-related environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong desire to be in technology sales, and a strong technical aptitude.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets.
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, dynamic and quota-driven environment.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience with a sales CRM (Salesforce is a plus).
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
Interested? What we offer:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Join an amazing team of diverse people working together on a common mission.
- Extended Healthcare benefits including dental, vision, LTD, etc.
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year + public holidays.
- Pension Plan.
- Gym Membership allowance.
- 1/2 day Fridays during summer.
- Central modern office, close to public transport (near Atwater metro).
- Choice of the tools you need to do your best.
See more open positions at Payment Rails
Something looks off?