Senior Backend Developer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be joining an Engineering team focused on building the next generation of Trolley’s flagship product. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work closely with Product, Data, and the rest of the Engineering team on enhancing the most critical features of our product offering while scaling and evolving the technical foundation it is built upon.
In your role you will:
- Own the design and implementation of complex product features and core platform components, focusing on delivering secure, scalable, performant, and high quality solutions.
- Influence the direction of our core products and systems by working closely with Product and Data, leading engineering discussions, providing technical mentorship, and contributing to the continued professional growth of the team through architecture decisions, design reviews, and peer code reviews.
- Document best practices, guides, systems design, architectural decisions, and code design specifications.
- Guide conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with large, integrated systems with external dependencies, web services, and APIs (REST and/or GraphQL).
- Experience with core AWS services (EC2, ECS, S3, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Solid experience with software development lifecycles and agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, strong ability to collaborate with fellow Engineers, Product and other technical functions.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to assess alternatives, risks and benefits while focusing on attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prototype, ask for feedback, and iterate quickly.
- Demonstrated ownership and pride in the quality of the software you work on.
Interested? We offer:
- Our tech stack:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Join an amazing team of diverse people working together on a common mission.
- Extended Healthcare benefits including dental, vision, LTD, etc.
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year + public holidays.
- Pension Plan.
- Gym Membership allowance.
- 1/2 day Fridays during summer.
- Central modern office, close to public transport (near Atwater metro).
- Choice of the tools you need to do your best.
AWS (Fargate, Lambda, SNS, SQS), Docker, Terraform.
Our tech stack in detail: https://stackshare.io/trolley/trolley
See more open positions at Payment Rails
Something looks off?