Senior Software Engineer - Integration Testing
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Perpetua provides advertising optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our platform teams to create robust testing tooling and frameworks that will enable other software engineers to ship software predictably, frequently, and safely. The ideal candidate is someone that was a software engineer on a product team before where they discovered their own passion for building test infrastructure and automation. You have a high bar for the developer experience and detecting problems in quality earlier in development.
Our stack is primarily Python and ReactJS and is deployed on Google Cloud Platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply software engineering design principles and best practices to software design to enable faster test automation including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests
- Build isolated test environments used by test automation within CI/CD pipelines to scale test coverage across our system
- Generate meaningful test data across our different services to improve data and functional validation coverage across the platform
- Collaborate with other software engineers on your squad to build better component tests across our ReactJS front-end platform
- Implement integration and end-to-end tests for the ReactJS front-end platform using CypressJS as well as communicate and share reports on coverage and quality with the wider team
- End-to-end planning and implementation of our test framework from unit tests, integration tests, and API tests for our front-end platform
- Lead by example in the practice and promotion of quality testing across the team through continuous education on testing patterns and best practices to ultimately increase adoption of these patterns across all squads and by all developers
Who You Are:
- You are a Senior Software Engineer that is an expert at ReactJS with expertise in test automation
- You are well-versed in all aspects of software testing and have experience in a variety of test automation frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, and Postman
- You are diligent with documenting your test plans, test cases, bug reports and any other research findings
- Experience in B2B or AdTech space is a plus
- Note: Candidates with test automation experience primarily using Selenium will not be considered for this role. Please keep an eye on future postings.
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.