Sales Compensation Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
Note: Perpetua and Flywheel Digital are both part of Ascential's Digital Commerce’s brand portfolio. The Perpetua Talent Acquisition team is supporting Recruitment for this role. More info here.
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon.
In the role of Sales Compensation Manager you will be leading our efforts to standardize, scale and improve our go to market compensation methodology. This role will be responsible for building the infrastructure on which we can leverage compensation and strategic levers as we grow. This person has a critical mix of being deeply analytical, having strong project management and communication skills.
As our Sales Compensation Manager on our FP&A team, you will work closely with Sales leaders & Total Rewards/HR in order to successfully deliver against our goals. You will assist in development of compensation and incentive plans for Flywheel Digital while ensuring alignment with best practices as well as the overall ongoing administration of sales compensation payouts for Flywheel Digital to ensure accurate payouts (manage any questions/queries). You will track compensation plan results and analyze sales compensation plan effectiveness in achieving business goals/ strategy for assigned business units.
What You'll Do:
- Commission Structure Design: Collaborate with the sales and Rev Ops teams to design and implement an effective commission structure that aligns with company goals and sales strategies
- Assist in modelling compensation plans by capturing current and projected revenue, allocating quotas, modelling commission rates and summarizing payout results
- Generate regular reports on commission calculations, payouts, and performance metrics for management and stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain clear and concise documentation of commission plans, including terms, conditions, eligibility criteria, and payout schedules
- Administer sales compensation plans in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely performance calculations and sales compensation payouts
- Investigate and resolve commission-related disputes or discrepancies in a timely and fair manner, collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Actively contribute to the ideas for enhancement of existing sales compensation processes, systems, reporting and best practices and help implement such agreed-upon ideas in the assigned business unit(s)
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience with execution and development of compensation & incentive programs; sales compensation experience preferred
- Expertise with Excel and proficiency with CRM (like Salesforce) preferred.
- SaaS industry experience preferred.
- Focus on customer service and working effectively across functions (Sales, Finance, HR) and organization levels (executives, peers, individual contributors).
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and skills.
- Solid working knowledge of math and statistics.
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Must be self-driven and able to work autonomously.
Working at Flywheel Digital 🇺🇸
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
🌴 Unlimited PTO
🧠 Learning and Development Opportunities
👍 401K – Saving Incentive plan
💜 Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
🍼 Generous parental leave program
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Flywheel
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call. Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.