Head of Legal - U.S. Corporate & Securities
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
Note: Perpetua is part of Ascential's Digital Commerce brand portfolio. The Perpetua Talent Acquisition team is supporting Recruitment for this role. More info here.
The shift to digital commerce is only accelerating. Faster. We know that our customers – the world’s top consumer brands and their ecosystems – need the right information to help seize that opportunity. Our products and brands help our customers optimize their digital commerce, maximize marketing impact and create the right products.
We are looking for a Head of Legal - U.S. Corporate & Securities to join us. The ideal candidate has experience working both in house and firm representing Publicly traded technology companies. You can easily manage through intricate and complex regulations and are well versed on working with external shareholders.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates based in EST or CT timezones.
What You'll Do:
- Review (and sometimes, prepare/file) SEC reports, including Forms S-1, S-3, S-8 (and
- other registration statements), 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K as well as Section 16 filings
- Prepare for annual stockholder meetings, including proxy statements and meeting planning and logistics
- Work on the company’s quarterly earnings and shareholder letters.
- Ensure compliance with SEC and applicable market rules and regulations
- Collaborate with our Finance and Accounting teams on SOX matters
- Coordinate the activities of the Company’s Disclosure Committee
- Collaborate with the Finance, Accounting, IR, PR and marketing teams on external communications such as earnings releases, press releases, investor presentations and marketing materials, and the Company website
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including the Board and its Committees,
- Committee charters and company policies as well as similar activities with respect to Company subsidiaries
- Work closely with HR, benefits and stock administration teams on our equity and executive compensation plans, and assist in administering Insider Trading Policy and related policies
- Assist in administering securities compliance programs
- Manage international subsidiary governance and secretarial matters including with respect to periodic board meetings and maintenance of such entities
- Support corporate transactions, including any financing activity or M&A transactions
- Collaborate with and manage outside legal counsel on corporate and securities matters
- Assist cross functional efforts to advance environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters
- Provide support for other matters (e.g., procurement, taxes, etc.), as needed
Who You Are:
- You are J.D. from an accredited law school with admission to at least one state bar
- You have 6 - 8 years of relevant corporate law experience, including both law firm and in-house representation of publicly traded technology companies
- 1933 and 1934 Act disclosure and reporting experience
- Experience with supporting an IPO Process and/or other registration processes
- M&A Experience
- Corporate governance and Board of Directors experience
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and judgment
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written skills and are easily able to positively engage in-house clients
- Ability to give well organized, thoughtful presentations to upper management
Working at Ascential Digital Commerce 🇺🇸
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
🌴 Unlimited PTO
🧠 Learning and Development Opportunities
👍 401K – Saving Incentive plan
💜 Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
🍼 Generous parental leave program
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from our team. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call. Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the application and interview process, please let us know so that we can support you.
Please note, We do not accept unsolicited resumes.