Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart, and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Backend with Perpetua you will be contributing to web applications written in Django Python and ReactJS / Typescript to bring a great Perpetua experience to our users. Amazon Ads is a $40B business today and every retailer on the planet is replicating the Amazon playbook, we’ve already transformed the way businesses approach e-commerce and online advertising and we’re ready to continue growing.
What You'll Do:
- You will build end-to-end features in our core platform across marketplaces like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart.
- You will help us build deeper workflows into retail media platforms from across the globe.
- You will contribute to system design and architecture across our back-end microservices primarily deployed on GCP. From how we ingest and process terabytes of data every day to how data flows through our systems to power our platform.
- You will work closely with a team of 4-5 engineers, a product manager, and a designer to deliver a smooth experience to our customers.
- You will support the wider engineering organization by identifying areas of improvement, proposing RFCs, seeking feedback early and often, iterating over your ideas, and co-creating something better than you could have done by yourself.
Who You Are:
- 5+ Years of software engineering experience in web-based technologies at a product company.
- You have strong experience with Python frameworks such as Django/Flask, relational databases such as Postgres, and the cloud either GCP or AWS.
- You are not afraid to go deep on the rest of the stack. You are comfortable with navigating a large codebase across dozens of repositories.
- You’ve worked closely in teams of ~5 engineers before, solving hard problems collaboratively, and working tightly with your immediate peers as well as across teams.
- Strong experience in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- You are comfortable navigating vague problems and creating clarity from uncertainty and communicating it clearly to your peers.
- We believe in taking ownership from start to end. You pride yourself on your ability to take complex problems and iterate on them until you find a simple solution.
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.