Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2023
Perpetua provides advertising optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
We’re looking for a Toronto-based Manager, IT to join our team - you will manage a team of IT professionals and oversee our hardware and software infrastructure, system security, maintaining our tools and systems and liaising directly with our global IT team.
You consider yourself a player coach and have no problem leading a team while also getting involved in day to day execution - you can work with all levels of stakeholders, can easily define, identify and prioritize projects and are obsessed with the customer experience. You consider yourself a security expert, and will look to understand and safeguard Perpetua.
We would expect this person to work from our downtown Toronto office (1 University Ave) 4 days a week.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee Perpetua’s IT Operations in Canada with oversight into US, UK and Berlin
- Work with our Global Service Delivery, Workplace, DevOps and Security teams, to ensure end to end delivery of service and technology
- Communicate early and often -- Ensure business leaders are aware of all the capabilities and updates occurring and providing feedback to the technology team for opportunities for improvement
- Lead a team of Toronto and Berlin based IT professionals including coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Perpetua team and global IT team. Be the liaison between the Business and technology service delivery teams
- Identify and execute on service improvements that will lead to lower cost of ownership for us at the enterprise level
- Support the development of a technology strategy and technology future state to meet the needs of the business. Provide and share requirements and opportunities with the wider global team to ensure our standards are best of breed.
- Identify and assist in remediation of discovered or potential security vulnerabilities and mature operational security processes and procedures.
- Manage various projects and play an advisory and liaison role between Perpetua and the greater technology teams.
- Ensure IT policies, controls, and procedures are effective, documented, adhered to and understood by relevant stakeholders
- With your team, support the effective and world class technical onboarding of new hires to Perpetua
Who You Are:
- You have progressive years working and managing an IT function within a global, fast-moving organization
- You have leadership experience and can lead a team of IT professionals
- You are customer obsessed, and have no problem building relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, including C Level
- Ability to work closely with both business and technical resources at all levels, locally and globally
- You have an understanding and technical knowledge of networks (Meraki), MacOS, Windows, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Excellent knowledge of collaboration tools like Google, Slack and Okta
- You have experience with AWS or GCP services and security best practices for their protection
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information security industry standards
- You are a diplomatic team player and have strong influencing skills and effective consensus building skills
- Good understanding of Service Delivery, User experience, Incident Management and Request fulfillment.
- Understanding of project and program management principles and frameworks would be an asset
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Perpetua
Something looks off?