Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 5, 2021
Perpetua provides growth optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
We are hiring a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) to join our platform teams to create robust testing frameworks to ship software predictably, frequently and safely. This role would be the first SDET on the team and as such is expected to be the subject matter expert on software test automation and be able to continuously drive quality improvements in our software and processes. Our stack is primarily Python services, pipelines and ReactJS front-end components all deployed on Google Cloud Platform.
What You’ll Do:
- End to end planning and implementation of the test pyramid from unit tests, integration tests and API tests for our front-end platform
- Work with both platform and infrastructure developers to implement and maintain testing frameworks across their stacks
- Lead by example in the practice and promotion of quality testing across the team through continuous education on testing patterns and best practices to ultimately increase adoption of these patterns across all squads and by all developers
Who You Are:
- You are a front-end software developer and bring software development discipline to automated testing including software design and architecture
- You are well versed in all aspects of software testing and have experience in a variety of test automation frameworks such as Jest, Cypress, etc.
- You have experience working with web-based software and have detailed knowledge of the browser and the request / response lifecycle
- Note: candidates with test automation experience primarily using Selenium will not be considered for this role
Bonus Points If:
- Previous experience working with microservices and containers deployed on Google Cloud Platform
- Previous experience with B2B or business insights and analytics
- Experience in the marketing and advertising space
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Perpetua
Something looks off?