Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Perpetua provides advertising optimization and reporting technology for the world’s smartest eCommerce businesses. Through the platform, brands and sellers create goals based on strategy and rely on Perpetua’s best-in-class, always-on optimization to execute tactically. Perpetua’s intelligent reporting tools will also surface the most important metrics you need in order to easily quantify and examine the investment of your advertising dollars into your business. Integrations with Amazon, Instacart, Walmart and more ensure brands achieve full-funnel engagement and maximum visibility.
As an Engineering Manager on our team, you will work with our Engineering Leadership team to help lead the vision and execution for our Engineering team. As a leader on our team, you will help drive a cohesive strategy to take our team and products to the next phase of growth and scale.
You'll join a team of highly collaborative and passionate people on a mission to help give superpowers to anyone that sells online by building best-in-class ecommerce advertising products. A critical part of the role is to attract, develop, and retain the next generation of Engineering leaders and top talent in North America.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of Engineers focused on advertising bidding algorithms performing millions of bids a day to continuously optimize ads
- Build and execute development plans, create and deploy best-in-class processes, and proactively identify and resolve issues
- Use depth and breadth of technical expertise to ensure platforms being built are scalable, maintainable and extensible
- Work closely with your peers in product, design, production and QA, to ensure seamless execution.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews for the team.
- Living our values, you will work towards building a cohesive team united by best in class engineering principles
Who You Are:
- You have progressive years of software engineering experience, with 3+ leading teams of Engineering talent from co-op to Staff
- You have strong experience working with Python, Django, Flask, ReactJS, Airflow
- You are able to define clear deliverables and timelines and communicate them within your team, your peers and the rest of the organization
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals including systems architecture, algorithms, problem solving and experience building web-based SaaS products
- You have an understanding of how the Web and Cloud works and have experience working in GCP, AWS or Azure
- Experience scaling systems that ingest terabytes of data daily
- You are customer obsessed, and have no problem building relationships with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
Working at Perpetua Canada 🇨🇦
🌍 Perpetua is operating in an incredible market with nearly unlimited growth potential. Our team has grown to over 250 in the last two years and we have global offices in London, Berlin, São Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai.
🌴 Flexible time off policy
🧠 Learning and Development policy
💜 Benefits and Health Spending Account on day one
🍼 Generous parental leave program
👋 Here at Perpetua one of our values is “have presence”, we encourage team members to work in person 1-2 times per week
🍔 When in the office: daily catered lunches from Toronto’s best restaurants, unlimited snacks and drinks, Perpetua Library
🌿 Learn more about us here: Life at Perpetua
The Interview Process:
Every role starts the same, an introductory call with someone from Perpetua. We will be looking for company and values-fit as well as your professional experience; there may be some technical role-specific questions during this call.
Every role is different after the initial call, but you can expect to meet several people from the team 1:1 and there might be further skill assessments in the form of a Take Home Assignment/Case Study Presentation or Pair Programming/Live Coding exercise depending on the role. In your initial call, we will walk you through exactly what to expect the process to be.
Accommodation at Perpetua
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please note, Perpetua does not accept unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Perpetua
Something looks off?