Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2023
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 8,500 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
Our Quality Assurance (QA) team is growing and maturing into an independent team within our Engineering group. As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will make an impact by using test automation, software engineering, and testing best practices as part of an Agile pod concentrating on our core product. We are an agile organization; our teams regularly use pairing techniques, exposing you to the entire code base. As one of our first QA hires, you must be comfortable in coding in modern OOP language(s) and have strong knowledge of designing with testability in mind. You will work as part of an agile team that brings together Developers, DevOps, QA, and Product Management.
What You'll Do
- Code new and maintain existing automated tests and other test tools.
- Consider test scenarios during backlog refinement and sprint planning
- Approach test scenarios from our customer's perspective
- Partner with Developers to implement tests at all levels of the test pyramid
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of CI/CD pipelines for new products and features
- Reduce redundancy in test automation
- Perform manual exploratory testing to identify potential additions to automation tests
- Provide support to our operational teams for systems in production
- Develop and maintain integration, end-to-end and regression test suites
- Live by and mentor your peers on QA best practices
- Assist with manual testing as needed.
- +10 years of experience in similar roles.
- You have written and tested your own software in the past.
- Comfortable with various test automation frameworks (e.g. Playwright, Cypress, pytest, JUnit, Puppeteer) and can work in an Azure environment and with Microsoft tools.
- Exposure to development tools that support Continuous Deployments such as GIT (with experience beyond 'push/pull'), Jenkins and Kubernetes.
- Comfortable troubleshooting and have created and designed tests using REST APIS.
- Familiarity and understanding of Agile SDLC.
Why become a Plootonian?
Everything we do can be traced back to our Leadership Principles. We leave our egos at the door and roll up our sleeves to get things done. We have an extremely strong product-market fit with an ever-growing customer base. We’re backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans.
We have big ambitions and are scaling rapidly. You’ll get the space and the support you need to grow by focusing deeply on meaningful work. Plootonians are passionate about their customers, teams and FinTech, so you’ll feel right at home! You’ll receive a competitive salary, stock options from day 1, and an annual bonus (on top of many other benefits).
Secure your seat on our rocket ship as we build the next FinTech unicorn together!
See more open positions at Plooto
Something looks off?