Senior Full Stack Developer (React, .NET, SQL, Azure)
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Plooto’s vision is to enable the advancement of small and medium businesses, by developing the tools & insights they need to manage & maximize their cash flow. We aim to automate complex financial processes by building a complete cash flow management platform that unifies payments, processes, control, reconciliation, and reporting. Plooto’s multi-platform product is trusted by over 8500 SMBs and their finance teams. Plooto Network, with over 150K businesses, enables our customers to discover and transact with any vendor, supplier, or biller in North America. For more information, visit plooto.com
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you’ll have the opportunity to build cutting-edge FinTech technologies used by over 8,500 businesses in North America. As we’re evolving and scaling the core business we are looking for Software Engineers to come build the next generation of cash flow management platform using React, .NET Core, event streaming and cloud-native solutions.
As a full stack engineer, you will iterate on feature development and improvements on both frontend and backend code ensuring that the software we write will last and scale. You advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right. You will build complex workflow systems that support sophisticated integrations, provide real-time insights and continuously deliver value to our customers.
We are a high-performing organization, and we encourage a Championship Mindset. We leave our egos at the door and understand a diversity of perspectives is the best way to solve problems and deliver value. This is a chance to join the Plooto team and build out your purpose, your work, and your influence.
What You'll Do
- You will partner with product managers and designers to understand the needs of our customers and build new features and products that serves those needs
- You will comfortably work on both sides backend and frontend, delivering feature end-to-end
- You will write high-quality, well-documented and maintainable code by collaborating with other engineers on the team to
- You will mentor more junior developers and show what “good” looks like
- You will work closely with our architects to ensure design and delivery of optima and scalable technical solutions
- You will inspire and share your development passion across the whole engineering org in our regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- You will improve the team and the company by actively living and breathing our leadership principles
- 10+ years of software engineering and work related experience, preferably in Microsoft stack
- Strong experience working as a full stack engineer on both frontend and backend
- Proficiency in strongly typed languages, preferably C#
- Working knowledge of MS SQL / SQL, T-SQL and in-memory databases (Redis, Memcache)
- Good knowledge of modern UI frameworks (React, Angular, VueJS, etc.)
- Experience in one of the cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Previous track record developing and shipping scalable web applications
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of other programming languages is a plus
- Experience with leveraging different Microsoft Azure services
- Experience with event / queuing processing platforms (Apache Kafka, SQS)
- Experience with cloud native development (k8s, serverless) and transforming monolith to distributed system
- Experience with Apache Druid, Event Sourcing, CQRS
What We Offer
- Culture: We’re a purpose-driven meritocratic culture where bias, tenure, and egos are replaced with debate, data, and facts so we can spend as much time as possible on impactful work to create real value for our customers. Plus, we provide regular social events by our awesome Social Committee, live and virtual coffee chats and more!
- Growth: We’re a fast-paced FinTech company with numerous opportunities to learn, grow and take on new challenges. You’ll have an immediate impact. Additionally, all Plootonians can participate in the employee stock option plan from day 1.
- Benefits: Day 1 access to comprehensive medical and health, including 100% drug coverage. We offer flexibility through WFH options and generous time off (vacation, sick, etc.)
- Security: Plooto is trusted by over 6,000 SMBs and their finance teams. We’re profitable and have never gone through layoffs.
Plooto is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Plooto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
See more open positions at Plooto
Something looks off?