BI&A Analyst, Payments
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
We are currently able to hire full time in the following Canada locations: Ontario, British Columbia, Nova Scotia. If you are located outside of these provinces, you can still be considered as an applicant but the position will be on a contract basis.
82% of small businesses fail due to poor management of cash flow. Our vision is to enable the advancement of Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) by developing the tools & insights they need to maximize their cash flow. Over 9,000 businesses and their finance teams trust Plooto to automate their financial processes so they can focus on reaching their true potential.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and experienced BI&A Analyst to support our evolving team as a specialist in financial analysis and managing risks associated with processing payments. As a BI&A Analyst,Payments , you will be responsible for leveraging your analytical skills and expertise in data analysis to enhance our risk monitoring and management when it comes to payments.
What You'll Do
- Empower functional counterparts with the ability to independently generate recurring reports on their Operating Metrics and establish self-serve capabilities, thereby limiting their reliance on you to high-value predictive support.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis, including Funds in Transit analysis, to proactively manage risks and derive insights that significantly enhance business performance.
- Drive analyses and build insightful reports to assist with billing, revenue recognition, and daily payment reconciliation efforts in support of day-to-day operations, monthly financial close, and yearly financial audits.
- Provide pivotal support to the FP&A and Strategic Finance teams by contributing to analyses that inform both internal reporting across the organization and external communication with investors.
- Collaborate with the Risk and Compliance teams to identify areas for improvement in fraud & AML prevention and detection/investigation.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Collaborate closely with BI&A team to understand data schema structures, collaborate on data integration, and align fraud detection and financial analysis efforts with existing reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Proven experience as a BI&A Analyst or in a similar role, with a focus on financial analysis, fraud detection, risk management, or financial analytics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data sets, identify patterns, and draw actionable insights.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, or other programming languages for data manipulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and machine learning algorithms used in AML detection is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have
- Experience with schema design and data architecture, including the ability to design and optimize data models for fraud detection and risk management systems.
- Familiarity with Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) such as Segment or similar tools, enabling the integration of customer data for enhanced fraud detection and risk mitigation.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar platforms, to effectively communicate insights and present complex data in a visually compelling manner.
Why Become a Plootonian?
If you are looking to make a professional impact, look no further. Plooto is currently in hyper-growth mode, looking to 10x our customer base. Plooto is dramatically changing the payments space in North America. We have delivered an unrivalled product experience to fulfill a growing need in the SMB space. The biggest reason why SMBs close their doors is due to poor management of finances and cash flow. Plooto solves that problem! We have an extremely strong product-market fit with a massive opportunity ahead of us. We are backed by an experienced and diverse group of FinTech veterans. You will have the opportunity to make history and change the course of this sector for many years to come. Join Plooto and be a part of making history.