Design, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
Prodigy's design practice weaves marketing, product, and game efforts into coherent experiences that inspire students to love learning, infused with brand personality, deep customer understanding, and AAA-level craft. In the design practice we have 5 core values: Impact, Excellence, Curiosity, Empowerment, and Ingenuity.
As a Growth Designer for our Paid and Organic Growth Program, your approach to design will encompass two key aspects: user experience and business impact. Your primary focus will be on enhancing the way we communicate Prodigy's value to parents and teachers, while continuously experimenting to enhance conversion actions and create memorable experiences. Throughout the entire process, you will collaborate closely with product and marketing stakeholders to determine what we build and how we build it.
The success of the Growth team heavily relies on data to validate its effectiveness. You will collaborate regularly with the Data & Analytics team to gather insights and enhance your work accordingly. You should be experienced in designing experiments and proficient at interpreting insights provided by the data team. Additionally, it would be advantageous if you could independently explore data using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, leveraging them to optimize the overall user experience.
- Conduct user research and gather data to inform design decisions
- Create and optimize user flows, wireframes, and prototypes for various stages of the customer journey
- Design and implement A/B tests to measure the effectiveness of different design solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as product managers, developers, and marketers to ensure alignment on growth goals and strategies
- Develop and maintain design systems and guidelines to ensure consistency and scalability of design solutions
- Continuously iterate and improve design solutions based on user feedback and data analysis
- Stay up-to-date with design trends and emerging technologies to incorporate into design solutions
- 3+ years of experience spanning the product design lifecycle and shipping SaaS applications in an elegant way for growth
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), human computer interaction, data-driven decision-making, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- You have knowledge and experience of designing responsive web experiences while using metrics to validate and inform your product decisions.
- You have worked with a Design System and/or a component library and are comfortable working within technical constraints
- Using your product, interaction, and visual design skills, you can help create and build new features with the ability to iterate solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Not afraid to stretch yourself outside of your comfort zone to take on new challenges, and love continuous learning
- Proficiency with current design tools such as Figma, Usertesting.com, Dovetail
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions and represent the voice of the user
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your design expertise
- Previous experience designing within Ed-tech and designing for websites that leverage a headless CMS [Prismic]
- Previous experience working closely in growth marketing and/or product marketing roles
- Experience utilizing Google Analytics, HotJar, Microsoft Clarity, Unbounce, Optimizely Web
Working At Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
- Get a sense of our culture through one of our news article written by the Toronto star There’s more to corporate culture than mandatory fun!, following an interview with our Chief People officer on how we create an engaging, flexible and fulfilling work environment! https://www.thestar.com/business/mars/2023/04/10/theres-more-to-corporate-culture-than-mandatory-fun.html
- #LI-Remote, #LI-SM1
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us on Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your needs.