Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a strategic business partner who will be an integral part of our FP&A team. This high impact role will support our CFO & senior leadership team with financial/business insights to inform company wide and operational decisions that drive revenue growth. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a quantitative, data-driven mindset.
- Business Partnership - Working collaboratively and influencing cross functional teams to ensure alignment of financial and operational plans
- Strategic Support - Evaluating strategic and business initiatives to support the senior leadership team with decision-making
- Budgeting and Forecasting - Developing and managing budgets and forecasts, connecting strategic plans to reality
- Analyzing variances, and recommending adjustments to meet business goals
- Reporting and Analysis - Analyzing financial data to provide insights and recommendations to management and other stakeholders
- Analyzing and reporting on financials, business programs, identifying areas for improvement, cost savings, etc
- Financial Modelling - Developing, maintaining and improving complex financial and operational models
- 2+ years in Strategic Finance, FP&A at tech start-ups or Investment banking
- Experience with building and maintaining complex financial & operational models (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets)
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Strong communication skills and can present complex concepts to different audiences (senior leadership vs peers)
- Has experience in business partnering and cross-functional collaboration with product/marketing/data teams
- Strong experience in cohort modelling and SaaS business models
- Always curious and open to continuous learning
- Shows genuine interest in problem solving and asking the “why”
- Exhibits initiative and comfort with ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (Periscope, Databricks)
- Experience with Accounting & Finance Systems/Tools (Netsuite, Pigment)
- CPA or working towards a CPA/CFA designation
- SQL or a willingness to learn
Working At Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
- Get a sense of our culture through one of our news article written by the Toronto star There’s more to corporate culture than mandatory fun!, following an interview with our Chief People officer on how we create an engaging, flexible and fulfilling work environment! https://www.thestar.com/business/mars/2023/04/10/theres-more-to-corporate-culture-than-mandatory-fun.html
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us on Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your needs.