Game QA Analyst II
IT, Quality Assurance
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Prodigy Education is a global leader in game-based learning and is one of the fastest-growing EdTech companies in North America. Our mission is to help every student in the world love learning, motivating millions worldwide via fun, secure and accessible curriculum-aligned gameplay experiences. Visit www.prodigygame.com to learn more.
The Engineering team builds and operates a high performance, scalable, reliable, and secure technology platform that will allow us to transform education and deliver effective learning experiences to every student in the world. We do this by building for tomorrow, failing fast and early, and empowering each other to make things better. Interested in learning more about what we're working on? Visit the Prodigy Engineering blog at https://medium.com/prodigy-engineering
We offer a hybrid work environment, providing employees the flexibility to choose whether they work in the office or from home on any given day. People leaders and team members are empowered to determine what works best based on business needs. We continue to encourage in-person collaboration to enhance the sense of community and connection.
As a QA analyst for our English Game, an immersive village-building simulation that facilitates grammar and core concept learning for kids, you will have the opportunity to work closely with development squads, providing valuable feedback on upcoming features. You will play a integral role in investigating and addressing issues raised by our Customer Support team. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of new technology and testing practices, enabling Prodigy to swiftly adapt to evolving technological and social landscapes. Your dedication will help us maintain our commitment to being a user-obsessed company, focused on delivering the best possible experience for our users.
- Act with urgency and deliver high-quality work that will add the most value
- Focus the team's work on advancing the team's goals in collaboration with your manager
- Prioritize the right things and produce clear work. When necessary, propose appropriate scope adjustments
- Effectively participate in the core processes of the team, this includes recommending and implementing process improvements
- Being able to leverage basic quality metrics effectively when reporting status and quality risks to the team for the work you are directly responsible for
- Explain and advocate (with the support of more senior QAs) for quality processes that enable effective quality management among stakeholders (e.g. PMs, Game Designers, TL) and developers
- Work with developers to define and prioritize which test cases can and should be automated
- With your extensive experience designing and implementing tests for both new and established games/applications, you will greatly enhance our capabilities, while your passion for gaming will enhance the impact you have
- Your familiarity with SCRUM/AGILE methodologies will enable you to identify opportunities for enhancing your team's performance
- As an effective communicator, you will thrive in a remote work environment, collaborating seamlessly with distributed development teams
- Your excellent time management skills will be essential as we handle multiple priorities, requiring you to efficiently prioritize and adapt to changing circumstances
- Being technically savvy, you will fearlessly explore the inner workings of software by delving into the console of your web browser
- Above all, your dedication to inclusivity aligns with our mission of ensuring all students develop a love of learning
- Your passion for creating an inclusive environment will contribute to our collective efforts in making learning enjoyable for everyone
- Agile workflow experience and some automation experience would be preferred
- Backend: Node.js, GraphQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, AWS, Lambda
- Game: HTML5, Canvas, WebGL, Phaser, Pixi, Typescript
- Frontend: React, Reactive Native, ES6
- JIRA, Confluence, Browserstack, Percy, Jenkins, GitHub, CircleCI
Working At Prodigy
- Why Prodigy? Here at Prodigy, our employees are the foundation of our organization - an asset that transforms our mission into a reality! For this reason, we offer our employees a Total Rewards Program that is geared towards their financial, physical and mental well-being.
- Employees receive full health benefits from day one! Including separate allocation for mental health.
- Employee stock options and savings plan
- $500.00 to create your own work from home set-up
- We pride ourselves on constant learning, which is why we offer our employees an annual learning fund of $1200.00
- Prodigy Savings Program (RRSP, TFSA)
- We value wellness, so in addition to wellness classes and benefits, we also offer an additional $720.00 fund to all employees
- Flexibility to choose whether you work from home or in-office, based on what works best on any given day
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly “no meeting day” Tuesdays
- Extended long weekends throughout the year!
- Want to work from anywhere in the world? We offer 4 weeks of "work from anywhere" per year!
- Get a sense of our culture through one of our news article written by the Toronto star There’s more to corporate culture than mandatory fun!, following an interview with our Chief People officer on how we create an engaging, flexible and fulfilling work environment! https://www.thestar.com/business/mars/2023/04/10/theres-more-to-corporate-culture-than-mandatory-fun.html
- #LI-Remote, #LI-SM1
Please note: the privacy and security of our users are of the utmost importance to us, and all employees will be expected to act in accordance with Prodigy’s stringent security policies.
Follow us on Instagram to learn more, or visit our website at www.prodigygame.com to view additional benefits and perks and our Culture Blog.
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education. If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Education will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your needs.