Automation Control Engineer
Promise Robotics is a rapidly growing venture-backed technology startup with a mission to help build industry to harness automation toward producing more affordable and sustainable buildings. Our world-class team combines AI, Industrialized Robotics, and construction under one roof to develop the most advanced robotic products for the construction of highly efficient and sustainable buildings.
We’re looking for an Automation and Controls Engineer to join our team and contribute to developing cutting-edge solutions for our core robotic manufacturing technologies.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have a passion for leading industry-changing solutions with significant social, economic, and environmental impact
- Desire to play a founding role and reap the benefits as part of a growth-stage startup with significant upside
- Enjoy building not only the technology but also high-performing teams and companies
- Are committed to continuous learning at the intersection of several industries
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop, evaluate and improve robotic manufacturing systems and processes by working closely with a diverse technical team of software developers and robotic engineers
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair robotic hardware, sensors, drivers and software
- Maintain and promote a safe and professional environment with a high level of safety awareness and compliance
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor/College degree in Robotics, Industrial Automation, Mechatronics, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
- 4+ years experience with automation systems programming and control, including industrial robots and PLCs
- Strong knowledge and experience in PLC/HMI, control panel, automation and electrical standards and best practices,
- PLC and HMI programming experience (Beckhoff experience will be a plus)
- Experience in designing fieldbus network architectures (EtherCAT experience will be a plus )
- Experience in Safety Programming
- Programming experience in Python, SQL or similar language
- Experience with sensory systems such as proximity sensors, rangefinders and vision systems
- Proficiency with CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Willingness to participate in a variety of technical areas in both software and hardware as needed to solve complex problems and achieve business impact
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication and organization skills
- (Preferred) Experience in integrating Kuka robots is a great asset
- Competitive salary: we believe in data-driven, equitable compensation decisions. We recently completed a compensation review and implemented salary bands that enable us to pay mid to above-average Canadian salaries across various industries.
- Stock options: everyone has a stake in our company.
- Holistic benefits: we have a comprehensive benefits package that includes paramedical, dental, vision, and drug coverage for you and your dependents, as well as a health care spending account. These benefits start right from Day 1.
- Flexible work hours: We care more about our progress versus how much time you’re at your desk.
- Flexible personal days and vacation policies: we care deeply about the well-being of our team.
- IT/Home office allowance: all new team members can expense up to $1,000 CAD to improve their home office.
- Open, collaborative, and supportive culture: you will be part of an incredibly high-performing and collaborative team changing the future of an industry!
- Relocation assistance package (if required)
Application requirements – please submit all in one document:
- Resume with your education, relevant experiences, skills, merits, awards (max. 2 pages)
Promise Robotics is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, and gender identity.