Training & Events Coordinator, Accessibility Certification (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Rick Hansen Foundation
Business Unit: Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification (RHFAC)
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Training, Membership & Special Projects, Accessibility Certification (AC)
Term: October 2023 – February 2025, 16-month term (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Location: Remote or hybrid in Canada, with the option to work intermittently in the RHF Offices in Richmond, BC or Toronto, ON
Founded on the legacy of Rick Hansen’s Man In Motion World Tour, the Rick Hansen Foundation (RHF) is a Canadian registered charity with the vision of creating a fully inclusive and accessible world where people with disabilities are living to their full potential. Through our programs and partnerships, we break down barriers for people with disabilities by changing attitudes, creating accessible spaces and inspiring an inclusive society.
RHF is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. Our success begins with our people. We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in being a part of our innovative team, we hope that you will consider this opportunity with us!
RHF values diversity in the community and the workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including Indigenous peoples, individuals of all genders and sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, and religion and anyone living at the intersection of these identities.
The Training & Events Coordinator, Accessibility Certification is responsible for supporting the delivery and growth of RHFAC courses, learners, and the RHFAC Professional designation. The position is also responsible for delivering events, with a focus on creating a seamless in-person experience for attendees for the flagship annual APN Conference.
This role is accountable for liaising with academic partners, professional bodies and exam delivery partners; facilitating instructor support; administering the RHFAC Professional designation; ensuring the success of the annual APN conference; responding to enquiries; and data management, record keeping and reporting.
The Training & Events Coordinator, AC reports to the Sr. Manager, Training, Membership & Special Projects, AC. Internally, this position works closely with the Membership & Events Coordinator, the AC team, Marketing & Communications team and other staff. Externally, this position works with learners, RHFAC Professionals, academic institutions, training instructors/facilitators, exam delivery partners, Professional bodies and associations, and event vendors and suppliers.
ALL STAFF: KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
As an integral member of the RHF team and as expected of all staff, this position actively participates with:
- Organizational Culture:
- Contributes in regular sessions, develops goals, supports and implements action plans.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
- We Collaborate Authentically
- We Engage Respectfully
- We Keep Our Promises
Training & RHFAC Professionals
- Collaborates with academic institutions delivering RHFAC courses to:
- Schedule and promote course offerings, including private group training; and
- Manage invoicing, revenue sharing, and course/learner statistics reporting.
- Supports training instructors/facilitators through onboarding, continuous training, and the instructor resource portal;
- Administers scholarships and tuition incentive programs;
- Manages exam delivery partners;
- Expands and maintains relationships with professional bodies and associations recognizing RHFAC courses for continuing education;
- Manages RHFAC Professional designation process and compliance tracking. Includes Continuing Education Units (CEU), APN membership, and mandatory education;
- Contributes to recruitment, retention, engagement, and recognition strategies for learners and professionals;
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications team to create and update training marketing materials and RHFAC Professionals onboarding resources;
- Provides prompt responses to external inquiries;
- Gathers and analyzes feedback from learners and RHFAC Professionals, identifies improvement areas, and offers recommendations; and
- Ensures accurate dashboard maintenance in Salesforce and generates necessary reports.
- Works closely with suppliers and vendors for a seamless event experience;
- Coordinates venue setup, catering, audiovisual arrangements, signage, and event materials;
- Briefs and organizes onsite staff team for registration management, speaker management, and accessibility requirements;
- Collaborates with Marketing for delegate promotion to RHFAC Professionals;
- Maintains detailed records of expenses, schedules, templates and outcomes; and
- Gathers and analyzes post-conference feedback for improvement recommendations.
- Supports the RHFAC team, as required; and
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job.
- University degree, Diploma or Certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in business, communications or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of association management experience or related experience in coordinating training programs, events, or professional development initiatives;
- Familiarity with working alongside academic institutions, preferably in course scheduling and promotion;
- Proficiency in coordinating with diverse stakeholders, including training instructors, facilitators, and external partners;
- Knowledge of event management principles, including logistics, catering, audiovisual setups, and materials preparation.
- Strong experience with timely and quality internal and external customer service;
- Experience with accessible customer service, including communication with customers who require various forms of accommodations.
- Previous member and/or event management (in-person and virtual) preferred;
- Fluency in French, oral and written, an asset;
- High proficiency using Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other MS Apps;
- Experience with Salesforce, Fonteva, or other relevant customer relationship management software; and
- Knowledge or experience working with people with disabilities.
- Effective oral communication with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others;
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and adaptability;
- Effective written communication, including proficiency with grammar, spelling and punctuation, and the ability to compose clear, concise business correspondence;
- Effective interpersonal, relationship management, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to deal with pressure of competing priorities;
- Problem-solving mindset to address unforeseen issues during event execution;
- Ability to use tools and technology to ensure accurate dashboard maintenance and report generation;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills/behaviours will be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply quoting competition #2023-20 by September 29, 2023. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
*Please note: The Rick Hansen Foundation is committed to providing accommodations to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation (i.e. virtual/web based interview, flexible scheduling, accessibility needs), so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.