Business Development Sales Manager
As an intermediate Business Development Sales Manager, you’re a hunter; strategically examining market needs, exploring customer segments, thriving in customer dialogue and pitch presentations. You live and breathe sales and business development. You don’t wait for leads and opportunities to come to you – you proactively go out and secure them yourself! While you respect inbound, for you it’s all about outbound – it’s what you love!
You are amazing at building out pipelines, especially adept at filling the top of the funnel with leads, moving those leads down the funnels, identifying and developing relationships, then converting these relationships into clients. You won’t get fazed by handling a mix of small and large customer accounts while also working on projects that are intricate, wide-ranging and require a deeply innovative, and forward-thinking mindset.
What You’ll Be Getting Up To
At Rideshark you will be joining the executive team of an established start-up that is ready to scale with your energy and innovation in business development paving the way. You will manage the RideShark lead generation and sales initiatives, growing a roster of new clients who are looking for best in-class experiences. Once your targets are identified, you use your experience to ensure that your cold calling, cold emailing, and email automation/sequencing strategies are generating a consistent, predictable, and sustainable amount of qualified leads, opportunities and sales!
You can expect to learn our business inside and out, learn our successes to date and tailor your style when selling solutions. You will be accountable for the process from initial prospecting and lead generation all the way through to contract negotiation and signing, before handing the contact over to our inhouse delivery, development, and design teams. You will report directly to our CEO, whilst also collaborating with the Technical and Operations teams.
You will be part of the pitch process from start-to-finish, including assessing initial opportunities, collaborating with key internal stakeholders on pitch deliverables, interfacing with prospective clients, developing and supporting outreach marketing activities. You will act as a spokesperson for the company; growing our employer brand through developing and posting marketing content, engaging with news and media outlets, publishing articles and blogs.
- Manage the development and execution of Go To Market strategies, lead generation initiatives, and business development
- Define sales targets in collaboration with the executive team. Take ownership to reach and exceed the targets set; streamlining your processes to maximize results.
- Create new channels to reach potential clients from guerrilla sales
- Look outside the organization to understand clients and their needs intimately and identify solutions to meet those needs
- Work closely with the executive team to establish and reach target accounts and initiate pursuit
- Manage the hand-over process, including transition and onboarding, after securing new deals
- Collaborate with the leadership team to strengthen our company’s value proposition for North America, and position us effectively for a EU expansion
- Manage existing client relationships with customer success and satisfaction as key goals
- Build relationships at key partnership organizations to pursue further growth opportunities
What You Bring
- 5+ years’ experience in client services or business development selling complex B2B SaaS services at a consultancy, an agency or in a corporate environment within a large, complex organization
- Proven track record of B2B sales in software or technology with the ability to define and execute strategies with minimal guidance
- Solutions and results/goals-oriented mindset
- Proven and verifiable track record of outstanding lead generation
- Strong empathy for user experience and ability to convey the complexities of digital products
- Ability to grow new client relationships and foster existing ones
- Acute understanding of the competitive landscape with transportation mobility to monitor industry news and benchmarks
- Excellent communication skills that demonstrate professionalism and compelling reasoning. Comfortable with non-scripted cold-calling, with strong oral communication skills in English and professional business writing skills.
- Eager to meet goals while establishing priorities and time management
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for the latest tech and product innovation
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, or finance. Advanced degree is an asset
Technical Excellence. That’s something we’re known for around here. We work fast and we deliver complex solutions that work. We deliver a technical solution that truly is world class that was built for rapid scaling. Our team uses Agile methodologies to deliver our clients’ projects before the competition.. We plan, design, architect and build a technology platform that helps people choose and use sustainable travel options. Our focus is on climate change mitigation and we’ve been working to help reduce commuter-based transportation emissions and congestion for 15 years.
We foster a casual and collaborative work environment and support flexible schedules. We’re big on technology and creativity, and believe that teamwork is the key to reaching amazing feats.
While based in Ottawa, we’ve moved to a 100% remote workforce since the COVID 19 lockdown. This position should be considered as a permanent remote working opportunity, so we need someone who is comfortable working remotely and collaborating electronically.
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive compensation rates
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Flexible working hours and remote friendly
- Daily team meetings
RideShark is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining our team, you may be asked to undergo background screening, including a criminal record check.