Senior Backend Engineer
Ritual delivers more than just an avenue to skip the lunch line - we serve up a true community experience, helping you connect with your social circle and local businesses via seamless technology, all built around what humans love most - food. Since day one, our mission here at Ritual has been to help restaurants thrive. With that being said, we continually look at how we can strive to improve our market-leading products and technology. At Ritual, you’ll be working hands-on, taking ownership, and finding creative ways to commit to our purpose.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us design and build scalable, reliable services to support our growing business. The ideal candidate can work independently in a fast-moving environment but also enjoys collaborating with team members to find the best possible solution to a technical problem.
Our engineering team is highly diverse, although one thing we have in common is our passion for designing and building scalable services that ultimately help shape the future of local commerce. Because your order should be perfect every time. When our team is not solving complex problems, we’re hosting codename nights, brewing up kombucha, debating over the best pizza in town, or working on side projects that turn into major features.
By now, you're probably wondering what our tech stack is: We are primarily a Java shop hosted on Google Cloud. Our services use Docker/Kubernetes and communicate via OpenAPI standards. Our data layer is in MySQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch, and our customers interact with our application via native iOS and Android apps, as well as a web (React) interface.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Ritual you will…
- Work on complex technical problems with a high business impact
- Work hands-on in a team while producing high-quality maintainable code
- Provide and participate in code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility
- As an active member of an agile development team, drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery of our software projects
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer that has…
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4-6+ years of experience delivering high quality software
- Deep experience with Java and Spring / Spring Boot
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems such as MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, etc
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Unit testing framework experience
- OpenAPI experience is an asset
- Strong communication skills - can explain technical concepts to stakeholders in Product Management, Product Design and engineers across all levels
What we offer:
- Contribute to a lifestyle-changing consumer product throughout North America, Europe, and Australia
- Ritual credits for you to spend at the best coffee & lunch spots in town
- Equity in the business - ownership is a key value at Ritual and we want you to share in our long-term success
- Healthcare coverage from day one, and a flexible vacation policy (Need time? Take time)
- Quarterly Wellness Days - your whole team takes an extra long weekend to refresh
- Work with truly elite peers in a super-fun office (hybrid environment)
Founded in 2014 by three serial entrepreneurs, we help small businesses thrive in a digital culture with the ease and convenience of push button ordering, while retaining the human connection that makes local shops special. We believe we’re making a positive cultural impact on a global scale - and our investors do, too: we’ve raised over $140M in funding, helping us bring Ritual to nearly 50 cities across North America, Europe, and Australia. Hungry for more? Visit us at https://ritual.co/
Ritual fosters and welcomes diverse teams and ideas: ideas that are new, different, and game-changing. We constantly strive to live up to our core values of authenticity, open-mindedness, and focusing on impact. We aim to build a culture where difference is valued, every team member has a seat at the table, and all voices are heard. It is thus our mission to attract and cultivate diverse perspectives by empowering our people to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We are committed to continuous improvement, and a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in Ritual’s selection and interviewing process.
Something looks off?