Do you want to work at a cutting edge start up getting deep tech into the hands of a user? If you have a passion for innovation and thrive in dynamic, ambiguous environments this is the opportunity for you. SBQuantum are re-imagining the way we see this world, building cutting edge magnetics products to bring new solutions to clients. You may be familiar with the blue arrow on your phone when you want to know which way you are headed, we are developing a quantum sensor for space to the refine the map that guides the accuracy of that arrow. Have you ever wanted to be part of building a greener future? Our product helps find critical minerals for batteries so we can build electric cars and hit global carbon zero targets.
SBQ have a range of applications, including mining, the defence, space and autonomous navigation. We are looking for a driven product manager to define and own our products to guide the development efforts of our R&D team. We are looking for candidates who specialise in translating between user needs and technical requirements and are comfortable taking a lot of responsibility quickly.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will thrive in an ambiguous environment and is not afraid to get stuck in taking our MVP out to the field to understand how we transition this to a customer product. We have been working on several avenues of development and are looking to streamline the distinction between specific application products as well as to highlight how the core R&D contributes across the product portfolio. While this will be your main mandate, we are an early stage start up so you will also need to be comfortable wearing multiple hats. Your core responsibilities will be:
- Defining and communicating product features and schematics with the team to establish version control
- Owning the different product verticals
- Establishing product development timelines and core items to shift from a prototype to product ready for sale
- Consolidating customer research to establish release cycles for key features
- Ability to translate between the detail of technical tasks and overarching business goals as well as managing stakeholders on both sides of this discussion
- Literacy in design thinking, lean and agile methodologies for product development
- Relevant degree – preferably technical in subject or which built an understanding of physics and magnetics
- 3+ years work experience bringing technologies to market in a product manager role. Preferably for integrated hardware and software projects
- Previous experience working on a cross-functional team and in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Bias for action, preference to prototype and learn through experimentation
- Experience in B2B technologies with a preference for hardware
- Bilingualism is a preference – as a Quebec based company it is essential our materials are in both English and French
- Willingness to work in a hybrid fashion. Our R&D team are based in Sherbrooke, Quebec so we would expect 25% of time to be spent with the team monthly
Do you want to take an active part in the deployment of quantum technology in the field taking our magnetometer performance to new heights? Apply, our team wants to meet you!
At SBQ, we are mission driven and collaborate with people independently of gender, race, beliefs, citizenship, orientation and value unconventional paths. Let's meet!