Director, Product Marketing
We at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology by enabling organizations to shift left and build secure applications by design. Our flagship product, SD Elements, helps organizations to reduce cyber risks by taking an automated, developer-centric approach to threat modeling, secure development, and compliance. This, combined with our industry-leading e-Learning offerings, allows us to support our customers in accelerating software time-to-market without sacrificing security.
As the Director, Product Marketing you’ll be reporting directly to our Chief Marketing Officer. In this role you will have responsibility for running the product marketing function. You will work closely with marketing, sales, customer success, product management and sales enablement in a highly collaborative environment. This role will have high visibility and impact at the organization as you will provide a deep understanding of the market and our products to help optimize our performance.
This role is open to candidates across Canada and the US. We are a remote-first company with a head-office in Toronto. We don’t mandate team members to come in on a particular schedule, however we encourage team members to come into the office to foster connection with their colleagues on a schedule that works for them personally.
What you’ll do
- Act as a lead and mentor for the product marketing team (two direct reports) and serve as a member of the marketing leadership team
- Create differentiated messaging for all products within the portfolio to articulate the Security Compass value proposition and leadership in the AppSec market. Continuously examine and refine messaging to maximize impact and conversion.
- Support the Sales Engineering team in developing compelling storylines with relevant use cases to demo the product effectively
- Work cross functionally with business partners across the company including collaborative with product management on our quarterly product launch process
- Partner with the Sales Enablement team to develop and deliver the right content to educate and arm the sales reps to drive meaningful customer conversations
- Meet with customers, partners and prospects to maintain understanding of evolving customer pain, needs and product usage.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing
- 2+ years working in application security/cybersecurity/privacy space (Preferred)
- Proven team leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong interpersonal, writing, negotiation, organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to influence senior leaders on strategic priorities.
- Exceptional problem solving, resourcefulness and creativity skills.
Why Security Compass?
- Meaningful Work. We contribute towards making technology in the world more secure and our vision is one of a world where we can trust technology.
- Trust. It’s important to us that you trust those you work with and are empowered to be yourself. To build this trust and transparency, we encourage open, respectful communication.
- Innovation. We encourage you to explore ideas and test new theories, both in your work and in your individual career development plan.
- Growth. We make your growth and learning a priority by allocating all our employees with a dedicated learning & growth budget. We give our team members tools and support to be the drivers of their careers and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Life-Work Integration. We create an environment where you can integrate your work with life in a way that makes sense for you with our hybrid or remote working model, flexible work hours, and unlimited vacation!
- Fun. We could not have good culture without good fun, and we don’t underestimate its importance. Our casual atmosphere promotes camaraderie, fun and helps bring people together.
- Embracing Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. We speak up for inclusion and celebrate diversity in thought. Our goal is to create a safe, equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform email@example.com so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.
Something looks off?