Vaughan, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
We're on a mission to improve Student Life – save students money and teach them how to shop smart! SPC connects students to the best brands and gives them access to exclusive discounts on relevant products, services and experiences. In turn, we provide our partners with a loyal base of student shoppers.
Our team – a creative, team-first attitude motivated by grassroots thinking that focuses on the solution of bringing value to students, with our people at the centre of all that we do. We are all about ownership, giving each member the tools, support, and freedom to succeed. We value building careers with an eager-to-learn attitude to support each other’s success - inside and outside the organization. We are fun, scrappy, and aren't afraid to take risks. If this sounds like a team, you'd like to be a part of, get in touch!
The Project Coordinator works as part of the core marketing team. They specialize in planning, managing and executing projects related to marketing campaigns. The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing scheduling, administrative tasks, communication with stakeholders and ensuring resource availability for the team. It’s their duty to ensure the project management framework is well-organized and that it runs smoothly.
Here's how you will impact SPC:
Manage Company Wide Strategic Projects
- Work with team leads to align their strategy and project timeline
- Monitor project progress and create project status reports for stakeholders.
- Scheduling stakeholder meetings and facilitating communication between the stakeholders and full team throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage project management documents such as the project plan, schedule or scope, and ensure that project is being executed as planned.
- Address any risks or concerns during the project.
- Ensure that the project comes to completion.
Create and manage all projects
- Work alongside the marketing leads to coordinate all timelines and core marketing projects and campaigns.
- Responsible for creating the project timeline/ work back schedule and ensuring everyone keeps to the timeline.
- Create campaign timelines and project framework on Basecamp for the team to follow.
- Work with various members of the team to develop a timeline, create schedules, and oversee progress to make sure goals are met on time.
- Ensure all aspects of the project run smoothly and efficiently.
- Work with the partnerships team to manage partner obligations
- Assign to-dos for all team members ensuring that there is enough team bandwidth and resources to complete a campaign.
- Ensure that all marketing campaign timelines are being met.
- Ensure that key stakeholders’ input and feedback are being implemented on all campaigns and feedback is provided in a timely manner.
The Soft Skills You Bring to the Team
- Organizational Skills: Project Coordinators call upon their organizational skills when creating the projects and associated tasks necessary to execute the campaign strategy.
- Prioritization Skills: Project Coordinators don’t just organize the tasks related to a campaign. Decide which tasks are most important based on the size, scope and timeliness of each task. This requires good prioritization skills to arrange tasks in the most efficient manner.
- Decision Making Skills: Organizing and prioritizing all of the tasks related to a campaign requires
- the ability to make quick decisions. Project Coordinators also call upon their decision-making skills when figuring out which team member is best suited for which task.
- Project Management Skills: Very strong project management skills. This means understanding theories of project management, as well as understanding how to put those theories into action. This skill set is used in virtually everything a Project Coordinator does.
The technical skills you bring to the team:
- Project Management Tools: Basecamp
- Microsoft Office Suite - SharePoint
What You Contribute to the Team
- Diploma or Bachelor in Marketing, Business
- 2-3 years of experience in a Project Coordinating type of role
- 1-2 years of project management experience
- Experience working in the loyalty, retail and start-up environment
- Strong understanding of the basic principles of marketing and management,
- Strong understanding in project management theory and best practices
- Experience with marketing, product and/or digital marketing
- You have experience marketing multi-touch campaigns across multiple digital channels (Web, Social, Email)
- A good communicator in order to motivate their team members and maximize their production.
Here's what SPC offers:
- VIP SPC Membership - Shop like a Student!
- Out of Office – Vacation and Personal Days
- Health and Dental Plans with a Healthcare Spending Account
- Paid Subscription to Coursera
- Work from Anywhere for 2 months of the year
- Be Social - Company Sponsored Events both virtual and in-person
- Early Friday, Every Friday – we like to think it’s summer year-round
- Flexible Work – remote or in-person – it’s up to you
How we work:
You aren’t just valued for your experience and skillsets, but equally for your growth mindset and attitude. We work as a flat organization, working collaboratively as a team and showing up every day as our authentic selves. Our team knows that creative solutions require a diverse approach to thinking and life experiences.
SPC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. Our hiring process is inclusive of all candidates regardless of their race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or, disability status. Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the selection process.
It’s not a big deal if you don’t meet all of our requirements. Only 1% of candidates will ever meet every single requirement posted on most job postings.
If you’ve read this far, click Apply Now!