Director of Commercial Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
The Director of Commercial Finance will serve as the company’s strategic commercial finance leader. Reporting directly to the CFO, with very high visibility across the organization. This role will partner with StackAdapt’s leadership team in the development and strategic execution of several key commercial initiatives and will provide important analysis and insight to drive profitable growth across areas of focus. The Director of Commercial Finance will work closely with Sales (Core and Enterprise) and Finance (FPA, Financial Reporting, Credit, and Accounts Receivables) teams.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in the United States willing to work within EST time zone.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand the terms of critical and strategic client relationships and architect ways to improve profitability over time (be a partner in the growth plan)
- Work with CEO, CRO and CFO to build pricing models for new revenue streams and new and existing client contracts
- Support overall pricing strategy for the organization and help to improve current pricing models across revenue and discounts/rebates/credits
- Incorporate controllable cost of goods sold and operating expenses into pricing strategy to support long-term profitability of commercial products
- Support accurate forecasting of revenue and controllable COGS/OpEx to plug into consolidated financial models of the organization
- Support overall commercial contract template creation, and lead commercial contract negotiation strategies and implementation with a focus on long-term vision
- Proactively engage in structuring large deals by delivering and optimizing large deal economics with an end to end view including attending, supporting and leading client negotiations, where critical
- Attend, support and lead client negotiations, and resolve client commercial, financial, and legal disputes
- Align with the procurement and financial stakeholders on the client side and form a helpful relationship
- Liaison with legal and other internal stakeholders; ability to represent the client expectation and get to a quick and balanced response
- Ensure and audit compliance with client contracts by building strong processes for all activities undertaken
- Act as the main escalation point for issues, concerns, and problems both internally and externally
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Industry experience – digital media and AdTech
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience with budgeting, forecasting, general accounting, SOX, contract set up, billing, purchase orders, calculation of billable hourly rates, transactional processing, month-end close, capital investments, leases, and variance analysis
- Experience collaborating with customers (internal and external) on all finance matters noted above and as a general business partner; ability to communicate financial concepts to a non-financial audience
- Experienced people manager
- Ability to respond with a keen sense of urgency and an elevated level of customer service to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to interpret, structure, and implement contracts to minimize risks and to ensure adherence to contract requirements including billing, AR collections, reporting, and KPIs
- Ability to synthesize initial Executive leadership vision autonomously with minimal long-term supervision and guidance
- Strong analytical and communication skills supported by advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to occasionally travel for customer meetings as necessary
- Highly competitive salary
- RRSP/401K matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®
See more open positions at StackAdapt
Something looks off?