Staff DevOps Engineer, Operation & Reliability
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
Our system handles over 3 million requests per second and billions of data points in the real-time advertising ecosystem. We're seeking a Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing team and focus on Infrastructure as Code, Security, and Business Continuity planning. Our technologies hosted on AWS include Ruby on Rails, Go, React, Aerospike, Redis, ScyllaDB, Elasticsearch, and others.
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in the Canada for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Enhance the stability, resilience, and availability of critical services, ensuring optimal performance and minimize downtime across all systems
- Develop and implement strategies for scalable infrastructure, supporting the organization's growth and expansion into new global markets
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by driving initiatives that optimize the performance of our services and the efficiency of their interdependencies
- Contribute to and shape the organization's strategic direction by providing valuable insights and recommendations based on industry trends, best practices, and technical expertise
- Assist in establishing clear incident management baselines, including defining metrics and setting targets, to effectively measure and improve response times and overall system stability
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for infrastructure and application components, including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting guides
We will be reaching out to candidates that have the following:
- Familiarity with maintaining uptime KPIs on critical systems
- At least 6 years of experience in Infrastructure/DevOps/Site Reliability
- At least 3 years experience with AWS
- Expert with Linux, Kubernetes, and containerized services
- Experience scaling complex AWS environments with Terraform is a must
- Experience with as many of our existing technologies is a large plus: Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Packer, Vagrant, Boundary, Consul, Waypoint, Redis, Aerospike, Go, ScyllaDB, Elasticsearch, RDS, Grafana, Prometheus, Kafka, Envoy, Nginx
- Competitive salary + equity
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®
See more open positions at StackAdapt
Something looks off?