Senior Technical QA Specialist
IT, Quality Assurance
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
We're seeking a talented Senior Technical QA Specialist to join our team. Our product is dynamic with an evolving UI, complex front and backend systems, and lots of data to investigate. The individual will ensure technical support, product questions, and client inquiries are investigated, addressed, and routed to the appropriate teams if necessary. You'll be reporting to the Manager of QA and Support and working closely with the technical leadership team, product managers, software engineers, and client-facing team members.
Learn more about our engineering culture here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXM2NrkhKZc
StackAdapt is a remote-first company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in Canada for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify potentially problematic areas to proactively catch issues with features on our platform
- Strategize on how to approach testing to efficiently use resources and time to achieve our goals
- Create test cases to document coverage and considerations
- Coach other team members on how to test to spread our knowledge across teams
- Execute manual testing to ensure that features being developed are up to standard
- Provide reports on testing results to help identify problems and patterns of issues
What you'll bring to the table:
- Proven years of experience in technical QA or software engineering
- Basic to intermediate knowledge/experience in Digital Advertising
- A strategy-focused individual who is able to adapt quickly to change
- Experience identifying root causes of technical issues and complex technical problems/questions
- Experience querying databases and monitoring systems, including SQL
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and coaching them on testing plans, strategies, and guiding them through the execution
- Strong communication skills to explain complex situations to team members and clients
- Leadership experience is a strong asset
- Competitive salary
- 401K/RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Health benefits from day one of employment
- Work-from-home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®