Technical QA Specialist
IT, Quality Assurance
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2021
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio, in-game, and digital out-of-home ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
StackAdapt is the no. 1 performing programmatic advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
We're seeking a talented QA Engineer to join our team. Our product is dynamic with an evolving UI, complex front and backend systems, and lots of data to investigate. The individual will ensure technical support, product questions, and client inquiries are investigated, addressed, and routed to the appropriate teams if necessary. You'll be working closely with the technical leadership team, product managers, software engineers, and client-facing team members.
Learn more about our engineering culture here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXM2NrkhKZc
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in the GTA for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- dentify potentially problematic areas to proactively catch issues with features on our platform
- Strategize on how to approach testing to efficiently use resources and time to achieve our goals
- Create test cases to document coverage and considerations
- Execute manual testing to ensure that features being developed are up to standard
- Provide reports on testing results to help identify problems and patterns of issues
We'll be reaching out to candidates that have:
- At least 3 years of experience in technical QA or software engineering
- Basic to intermediate knowledge/experience in Digital Advertising
- Experience identifying root causes of technical issues and complex technical problems/questions
- Experience querying databases and monitoring systems, including SQL
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and coaching them on testing plans, strategy, and guiding them through the execution
- Strong communication skills to explain complex situations to team members and clients
- Leadership experience is a strong asset
- Competitive salary
- RRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 Culture & Belief day + birthdays off
- Access to a comprehensive mental health care platform
- Full benefits from day one of employment
- Work from home reimbursements
- Optional global WeWork membership for those who want a change from their home office
- Robust training and onboarding program
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- Access to StackAdapt programmatic courses and certifications to support continuous learning
- Mentorship opportunities with industry leaders
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Our social and team events!
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our diverse and supportive workplace, high performing campaigns, award-winning customer service, and innovation. We've been awarded:
2023 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work®
2023 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work®
See more open positions at StackAdapt
Something looks off?