Finance Business Partner
Synaptive Medical Inc.
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
The Finance Business Partner will be an integral part of the finance organization and will partner across the business by providing valuable (analytical) insights, financial modelling, and insights, ad-hoc and regular financial reporting. The Finance Business Partner will also support month-end reporting activities and lead special projects.
What You’ll Do
- Partner across the business (primarily sales and operations) to provide insightful and quality financial analysis to support business decision making
- Partner in developing product pricing and profitability analysis, cost analysis, and help find opportunities to drive profitability and revenue growth
- Develop and report on key financial metrics (e.g. Customer orders, disaggregated revenues, EBITDA, DSO, Inventory turns)
- Prepare budget to actual variances analysis, highlight trends, and analyze causes of unexpected variances and work with department heads to assess
- Create ad-hoc financial reports and other analysis
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with the annual financial audits
- Support the technology strategy of the company by project managing ERP and business application enhancements and implementation projects
- Work with other areas of the finance organization and the overall company to implement process improvements and drive change
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of progressive finance experience
- Experience in financial modeling
- Strong hands-on experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP desired
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to identify potential problems and suggest resolutions
- Ability to identify meaningful trends in financial data that impacts business and operating decisions
- Proven ability to produce accurate work because of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate effectively to all levels
- Demonstrates flexibility, positive, “can do” attitude
- Team player who will step in to help wherever needed
- Enthusiasm and initiative to identify process improvements
- Self-starter; motivated individual
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?