Service Training Leader
Synaptive Medical Inc.
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We have a unique opportunity for a Training Leader in our Global Services team. This role is the go-to expert for technical training development and delivery for Synaptive, distributor and customer learners around the world. This person will work with other internal departments to identify learning needs, design curriculums, and create training assets. This is a people-centric role that will enable North American and international growth of Synaptive technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Be a subject matter expert on technical training development and delivery outcomes
- Design and deliver training curriculums, aids, and materials, both live and self-led, for internal, distributor and customer learners globally
- Create and manage training assets, documentation, and assessments, ensuring conformance with regulatory requirements and standards; assist with technical documentation
- Utilize known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques
- Research and recommend new training methods
- Build a knowledge depth of Synaptive products and technologies
- Assess institutional effectiveness of training and monitor quality results of training provided; support follow-up assessments to reinforce existing learning
- Assess the proficiency of learners in both theoretical and practical knowledge; qualify train-the-trainer programs
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and update curriculums for product and regulatory changes
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Collaborate with Sales, Quality, Operations, Field Service to align educational needs with cross business objectives
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records, provide support for reporting of training related KPIs and audit activities
What You’ll Need
- Post secondary degree, diploma or equivalent certification in education, training or related field with a science or engineering slant
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator, or similar role
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory, course and material creation and implementation
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques, experience with e-learning platforms
- Excellent communication skills to express complex technical concepts, both orally and in writing
- Proven self-starter with the ability to prioritize deliverables on the fly, achieving positive outcomes
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and provide direction resulting in positive exchanges and outcomes
- Proficient computer and telecommunication skills including a very good knowledge of: MS Office Suite
- Effective organizational skills and ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Efficient problem resolution skills to solve complex issues in minimized timelines
- Demonstrated ability to influence other in a constructive way, to bring forward new ideas and improvement opportunities
- Results oriented, to achieve key objectives and performance indicators
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- 2-5 years of experience with a customer service or a service delivery company
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Experience in a medical technology market is an asset
- Experience in a field service organization
- Fully bilingual, French & English
- Responsive and compassionate with a customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, multi task and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to learn, listen, share, and support
- Professional, friendly, and positive attitude
- Flexible and embraces change
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family Customer Care
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?