Director, Marketing and Communication
Synaptive Medical Inc.
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications who is a motivated self-starter, people-oriented and can lead our teams in elevating global brand awareness, ensuring a high-level of satisfaction throughout our customer’s journey. Our ideal candidate will have in-depth experience and a true passion for marketing and communications with a proven track record in marketing, public relations, event management, social media, internal and external communications. Exceptional communication skills and experience establishing outstanding relationships with both internal and external stakeholders will be key to achieving success.
The ideal candidate will have medical device or pharmaceutical experience and a history of managing marketing and corporate communications. This person must understand how to effectively communicate and coordinate well with other departments and external partners to ensure that the total marketing strategy is executed to meet company goals.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and deliver an annual communications strategy for the business aligned with business objectives
- Develop, prioritize and lead the team in the execution of marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and establish Synaptive as a leading brand in surgical exoscopy, surgical planning, navigation and MRI
- Lead the customer co-marketing strategy, fostering and maintaining relationships with clinical and administrative stakeholders to support the promotion and use of all Synaptive products
- Work with internal stakeholders to plan, create, and launch creative campaigns and compelling stories that resonate with audiences
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including SEO and content strategies, affiliate activities, partnerships and social media
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation and lead generation for online and OEM business including content generation and sales tools
- Cultivate solid relationships with luminary customers, analysts, media, opinion makers, and industry leaders
- Oversee marketing communications including enforcing branding guidelines, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events collateral materials
- Ensure all marketing programs are metrics-driven and goal-oriented; monitor and analyze performance, adjust strategies as necessary to achieve program objectives
- Establish and share consistent processes -- including brand workshops and messaging/creative testing -- to maximize the impact of new product/therapy launches among key internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product Management on projects to elevate the brand in the marketplace
- Shape messaging and provide counsel/support for major convention and society meetings in collaboration with business partners. Identify creative ways to pull through messages and leverage meeting content to amplify our communications efforts before, during and after key events
- Partner with marketing leaders to ensure the successful execution of key communications initiatives that produce measurable results. Integrate “voice of customer” (to include physicians and Sales employees) into campaigns and therapy launches to maximize success
- Actively lead, manage and track the development and delivery of timely, relevant content for key audiences across all channels. Seek opportunities to leverage ‘real-time’ opportunities to extend/amplify our messages through digital/social channels
- Establish metrics to evaluate the performance of communications efforts and inform improvements/adjustments to future initiatives
- Manage projects, budgets and vendors to ensure the timely, cost-effective delivery of high-quality, on-brand work
- Provide counsel to global business partners/peers regarding compliance to the brand standards and internal review/approval processes
- Lead and develop a team of communications professionals
- Ensure the regulatory and quality system is understood, implemented and maintained by team members
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and 10+ years Marketing/Communications experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in developing marketing communications strategies and implementing programs
- Experience managing external vendor resources
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to initiate strategy discussions, execute projects, and manage various marketing jobs
- Sound budgeting, forecasting, and analytical skills
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Medical Device experience
- Highly positive, enthusiastic, creative and with a desire to work on an innovative team
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver plan with measurable results
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective relationships across a variety of functions
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees, and balance assertive, diplomatic counsel to senior leadership
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong project planning skills, communication delivery execution
- Ability to work with complex and sensitive information
- Ability to work well and excel under pressure and tight deadlines
- Independent thinker/hard worker
- Ability to attract, develop and retain top/diverse talent
- Entrepreneurial personality with a bias for action
- Customer focus
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?