Global Logistics Leader
Synaptive Medical Inc.
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We have a unique opportunity for a Global Logistics Leader in our Operations team. This role is the go-to expert for overseeing all aspects of the supply chain and logistics activities ensuring the flow of material and goods from suppliers to production and finished products to customers globally. This person owns and manages all aspects of the end-to-end customer experience related to the transportation and compliance of products and components within global logistics and supply chain scope. They typically handle clinical demo bookings, customs compliance, logistics documentation including dangerous and special cargo, while negotiating and managing the supplier relationships and agreements. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in working with 3PLs, cross-border and international fulfillment, inbound/outbound logistics and supply chain operations.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee supply chain, materials and components inbound and finished goods outbound.
- Implement continuous improvement and Global Supply Chain best practices to ensure material on time for production.
- Establish strategies to support sales development across multiple geographies, ensuring on-time delivery of clinical demo system to our customers.
- Responsible for improving service level agreements and ensuring reliable, sustainable logistics processes developing critical supplier relationships.
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to evaluate, develop, and implement logistics processes ensuring robust delivery consistency & customs compliance.
- Evaluate critical logistic spend reducing yearly costs while achieving service levels and strengthening key vendor relationships.
- Responsible for ensuring that the supply chain is efficient and effective throughout the organization.
- Develop and review internal procedures to manage shipping, packaging, reverse logistics, warehousing, and distribution, all in accordance our QMS and ISO standards.
- Actively engage with internal customer to receive direct experiences to Improve upon shipping accuracy and alignment to minimize shipping errors.
- Negotiate freight agreements that will lead to a reduction in overall shipping costs and reduced lead-times by providing faster deliveries.
- Collaborate and support cross-functional teams to improve performance, review and implement critical KPIs monthly.
- Manage and prioritize critical quarter-end and year-end fiscal activities with urgency and responsiveness.
- Actively collaborate on service parts management from inventory optimization, location, and delivery levels to achieve business commitments with customers.
What You’ll Need
- Post secondary degree, diploma or equivalent certification in supply chain management, logistics or related field.
- Excellent communication skills to express complex challenges and insights, both orally and in writing
- Proven self-starter with the ability to prioritize deliverables on the fly, achieving positive outcomes.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and provide direction resulting in positive exchanges and outcomes.
- Proficient computer and telecommunication skills including a very good knowledge of: MS Office Suite, ERP or MRP system.
- Effective organizational and prioritization skills, and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Efficient problem resolution skills to solve complex issues in minimized timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in a constructive way, to bring forward new ideas and improvement opportunities.
- Results oriented to achieve key objectives and performance indicators with a proven track record.
- Experienced in budget planning and management and achieving operating plans and objectives.
- Demonstrated export and import experience with customs clearance, required documentation, submissions to ensuring compliance across geographical regions.
- Able to travel occasionally to supplier and other business locations.
- Experience in complex negotiations
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- 2-5 years of experience related to supply chain, logistics, distribution and or operations experience with a customer service or a service delivery company.
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Experience in a medical technology market is an asset
- Experience in a field service organization
- Fully bilingual, French & English
- Responsive and compassionate with a customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to learn, listen, share, and support
- Professional, friendly, and positive attitude
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Flexible and embraces change
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?