Clinical Applications Specialist - DC/ Maryland/ Northern VA
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
The Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS) is an essential part of Synaptive Medical. The CAS provides primary clinical support to all of Synaptive’s accounts by acting as a knowledgeable and highly skilled technical resource in the operating room. The CAS is expected to actively manage primary and secondary accounts assigned to them while also contributing to regional and national coverage as needed. At their assigned site, the CAS is expected to manage all clinical requests and support a clinical growth strategy for product adoption and utilization.
What You’ll Do
- Clinical support of all Synaptive technologies inside and outside of the operating room
- Deliver Synaptive product training to surgeons and hospital staff
- Support and demonstrate the use of Synaptive technology at medical education, PR & marketing, and sales events
- Support clinical sales evaluations of Synaptive products at new accounts
- Represent Synaptive at trade shows and exhibitions
- Provide basic troubleshooting and service efforts in collaboration with the field service team
- Provide customer feedback to Synaptive design and engineering teams
- Work with hospital IT staff to test/enable connectivity in the OR
- The employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Travel up to 60% travel occasionally on short notice
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service skill set
- Strong attention to detail and ability to bring customer satisfaction situations to a successful completion in a timely manner
- A valid Canadian or USA passport is required
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Prior experience with training on use and applications for medical equipment
- Operating Room background/experience
- Experience working with software for medical applications, PACS, DICOM
- Experience with Navigation, Robotics and Optics
- Imaging and intraoperative modality experience
- Advanced Medical Terminology
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- cooperative and collaborative team player
- clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family CAS
- Pay Type Salary