CR Professional Dev. Specialist
The Hospital for Sick Children
CANTRAIN is a national clinical trial training program is being implemented. Its vision is to offer the best clinical trial training and mentoring program across Canada accompanied by Studentships, Fellowships, and Internships for postgraduate Trainees and Highly Qualified Personnel, in a real-world setting. The national clinical trial training program is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages applications from Indigenous and racialized people, people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities. The national clinical trial training program also recognizes the need for experience, knowledge and guidance from communities disproportionately affected by chronic or rare diseases.
The CANTRAIN educator/program developer will use adult learning principles and instructional strategies to assess, design, implement, and evaluate clinical research education curricula that ensures the safe, effective, and efficient conduct of clinical trials.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Developing comprehensive and engaging educational material
- Identifying gaps and opportunities to further understanding of clinical trial design and conduct for learners across the clinical research enterprise.
This role requires well-developed communication skills (written and verbal), advanced clinical research skills and ongoing collaboration with subject matter experts. Educator will work primarily remote in a multi-site collaborative team of educators and collaborators across the country; in-person work within the province is expected. Occasional travel out of province will be required.
- Apply the principles of adult learning in all educational offerings and utilize multiple teaching strategies tailored to learning styles or settings
- Develop clinical trials training material for the clinical research enterprise that adheres to the Joint Task Force Clinical Research Competency Framework and regulatory requirements using a variety of e-learning tools (interactive exercises, knowledge checks, case scenarios, etc.)
- Identify and address any training gaps and opportunities across all CANTRAIN clinical trials training
- Participate in ongoing education, institutional, and CANTRAIN meetings
Here's What You'll Need:
- Master’s degree in Education, Health Sciences, Health Care Administration or other related field or Bachelor of Education or other adult education training with experience in clinical trials
- In-depth knowledge of the conduct of clinical trials (investigator-initiated and industry trials).
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing engaging educational and capacity building initiatives
- Motivated and works well within a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects efficiently.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic thinking and problem solving to anticipate and resolve issues
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Relevant clinical research training (including Tri-Council Policy Statement (TCPS2): Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans or International Conference on Harmonization – Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP).
- Current Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification (ACRP) considered an asset.