The Hospital for Sick Children
Are you a dynamic, service-oriented individual who is eager to learn and expand your current accounting expertise? Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position where you can utilize your organizational, time management and communication skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to launch your career in finance and administration? If you want to work for one of the best employers in Canada and be a part of an amazing team of colleagues, then this is the role for you!
We are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our SickKids team. This person will provide financial support to the Paediatric Specialties Association and the Department of Perioperative Surgery and will report directly to the Senior Manager, Finance Controller. This person will be responsible for excellent monthly inputs and will ensure the month end process is run as efficiently and effectively as possible. The successful candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for approximately $100 million in revenues and will be integral in supporting World Renowned Physicians and Surgeons.
Here's What You'll Get To Do
- Prepare and enhance financial reports for physician business accounts
- Perform variance analysis on business statements to identify potential risks
- Assist with monthly and ad hoc journal entries
- Collaborate with physician admin team to provide support on General Ledger and PeopleSoft Finance System inputs, interpret critical financial information
- Assist with annual audit requests
- Sharing this duty with the SFA, review physician expense report submissions for accurate accounting allocation, confirming proper documentation are provided while ensuring all policies are honored
- Perform general bookkeeping duties including cheque deposits and cheque requisitions
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting of miscellaneous clinical and non-clinical revenue sources
- Assist in gathering and compiling data for ministry reporting, understanding the requirements and ensuring submissions are error free
Here's What You'll Need
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Accounting
- Recognized accounting designation or in the process of acquiring one
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work with minimal supervision, while adhering to deadlines
- Self-starter, curiosity that will fuel independent learning and willingness to improve old processes
- A commitment to understanding and aiding in the pursuit of equity, diversity & inclusion
- Excellent computer skills with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with larger database and reporting tools
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Workday Adaptive Planning, Qlikview and PowerBI considered an asset
- Strong analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to successfully establish relationships
Employment Type: Full-time, 35 hrs per week. Includes access to benefits, paid vacation, sick days, & defined benefit pension plan. Flexible working arrangements.