At Trulioo, we build and connect digital identity networks around the globe, and this framework of trust empowers businesses to assess the various risks associated with digital identities. Our mission is to build trust online. Digital services hold the promise of allowing anyone to interact and transact with anyone, anywhere. However, the threat of bad actors gets in the way of our connectedness; the global village only works if we trust each other.
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 330 million businesses in more than 195 countries. With offices in Vancouver, San Diego, Austin, Dublin, Copenhagen, and Singapore, we’ve fostered a world class team committed to building trust online. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people. At Trulioo, we truly believe “everyone is someone” and we invite you to join our mission and celebrate the positive change we are making in the world.
Due to ongoing growth, Trulioo is seeking a well-rounded Legal Counsel who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel, you will have an opportunity to support critical business functions and lead various commercial negotiations. As part of your role, you will also help create cross-functional efficiencies, improve collaboration strategies and internal procedures.
What you will be doing:
- Negotiate and manage complex commercial agreements across a global customer and supplier base.
- Provide sound and practical legal advice to internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams to structure and negotiate new business deals.
- Improve standard agreements and processes.
- Stay up to date on current laws and best practices as they relate to Trulioo to mitigate risk.
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of experience gained at a top tier law firm and/or relevant in-house experience.
- Flexible, collaborative and adaptable working style.
- Growth-oriented mindset and a natural curiosity to tackle challenges.
- Ability to as thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, strong business acumen, sound judgement, and solid negotiation skills.
Working at Trulioo
You will be challenged to achieve, develop, and grow as part of a hyper-growth company.
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and create a better world by revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online. We are on a mission to make sure no one is left behind and everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in the modern digital economy. In order to do this well, diversity and inclusion have always been fundamental to our mission, our culture and our life. Trulioo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience connects us with the customers and communities we serve, attracting top talent and passionate changemakers across the globe. Our mission matters – for billions of people everywhere.
The diverse experiences, ideas, and identities of Trulioo’s team members help us make better decisions and drive great results. We foster an inclusive work environment that welcomes team members of all backgrounds and perspectives.
We're committed to providing a meaningful environment for every member of our team. We hire exceptional people and reward them with trust, autonomy, mentorship, and the freedom to grow into their roles.
You are naturally curious, invest time to better understand complex concepts and have strong attention to detail. You love working in a team where trust is key and want to make an impact everyday. If this sounds like you, please apply and come work with us.
Studies show that minorities and members of underrepresented groups apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Trulioo encourages everyone interested in a role to apply. We look forward to your application!